Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: *100% DONE!* 10 Point Rollcage Progress Thread...(27-JUN-11 Update - Post #117)

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s|ck View Post
    Congrats Josh!
    +1 Reminds me of a handicapped persons car or something.

WOW! Sooo this is what everyone was referring to at LRodder! Havent checked on this thread in a few days...
    As mentioned above Josh, Yea^^ i understand both sides but some of those negative reference points will be taken differently to others. Sick, I'm handicap I'n a way although I'm not taking this as a threat but it was not taken lightly as well. Plain and simple though, it was a negative OFF BASE comment bro! In honest reality, handicap vehicles are fugly and aren't a mod preference what so ever. Every one of those ppl that have to have handicap accessibility do get embarrassed bc i have a close buddy that's paralyzed from the neck down and he states how embarrassing it is to go I'n public. To me that's an over the top comment. The way ppl look at him (mostly children) offends him so he stays home and those comments just reminded me of them type of ppl. A simple don't like button would easily do the trick!
    Some ppl are pointing this to Josh but guys it's childish and Josh isn't the culprit although he def. Didn't help with positive representation either!
    Josh, u represent the HD community highly (compliment) and just bc another member says a rude comment doesn't mean others have to add to the "rude negativity".

Just saying honestly here speaking for the ones that wouldn't
    Let's keep this site clear of the childish "my shiats better than yours" BS please!

BACK ON THE THREAD TOPIC.....
    How's everything coming along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    hey josh i found this on the other site. looks like you can do every window in your truck in lexan

SpeedGlass - Ford - Pick-Ups - 1998-2004 - Percy's High Performance - Online Store

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    hey josh i found this on the other site. looks like you can do every window in your truck in lexan

SpeedGlass - Ford - Pick-Ups - 1998-2004 - Percy's High Performance - Online Store
    Pretty sick! I wonder what the weight savings would be by doing every window?

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yeah I'll mention it to Joe next time I'm by there. He was going to look into tinted lexan for me. You can't tint it like normal glass, and that percy's stuff is only clear.

dats, that speedglass is a bit more work than it seems up front. Every piece is oversized, so its not a direct swap replacement. Its a costly upgrade to do. Eventually I'd like to get my rear door glass swapped out, and I'd love to do the front windows as well in stock thickness so they can still operate like normal. BUT again its not tinted. You have to use the cling on tint from home depot, and that stuff doesn't have the highest optical clarity. I have a couple windows on my house done with that, and my garage windows, and i'd never want it on one of my front windows of the truck.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    all around lexan windows is interesting...a front window would look cheap too in my opinion bc of the angle of our front windows. i would still like to check one out installed though just out of my curiosity.....come on josh be the ginnipig! lol (yea rite)....
    how much does a back right side window way compared to a lexan?
    the only bad part is when your wanting to drive it out on the town, it might be a good bit windy. thats all i hear when guys do just their back windows.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    the speedglass looks exactly like real glass, its curved to match and everything, BUT I'm pretty sure it needs to be riveted in place. But as far as the curvature and everything, it should look pretty much the same as the stock pieces.

There was a guy on NLOC with a DSG truck that did a speedglass front windshield and it turned out great, but he never gave many other details on it, he said he could get them made with OEM sizing and all, then bailed. Since my windshield needs to be pulled for the cage install thats something I wouldnt mind doing.

I think i read on the speedglass site, it weighs 1/2 the weight of glass in the same thickness. And usually you drop the thickness with lexan for fixed windows, so you can probably cut 3/4 the weight on a rear window where you can go thinner.

As for wind noise, its going to make absolutely no difference for wind noise. Its sealed up just like the OEM glass. You may get a bit more road noise from it being thinner with less sound deadening properties, but it shouldn't be windy noise.

Drivetrain Calibration
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More pics Josh!

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sweet! cant wait for pics now dammit! lol

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    no new pics yet. I dropped off the solid rear window last week, but never even took it out of the box it was shipped to me in from melman so no pics of that. And I spent all last week sanding plastic pieces and dropped them off for paint yesterday, but no pics of that either since far away shots of plastic parts you can't really tell if they're smoothed lol. I'll have pics once I get those parts back from paint, and they should be starting to tear into my truck at the chassis shop this week or next

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    no new pics yet. I dropped off the solid rear window last week, but never even took it out of the box it was shipped to me in from melman so no pics of that. And I spent all last week sanding plastic pieces and dropped them off for paint yesterday, but no pics of that either since far away shots of plastic parts you can't really tell if they're smoothed lol. I'll have pics once I get those parts back from paint, and they should be starting to tear into my truck at the chassis shop this week or next
    What custom modding you'll be doing while the trucks getting caged? I'm sure you have some trick up ur sleeve...!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I just REALLY want to see progress-pics of the "Non-Handicap-Cage"! Still ...

Subscribing!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    I just REALLY want to see progress-pics of the "Non-Handicap-Cage"! Still ...

Subscribing!

Put me in for the "non-bashing" gig.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha you guys can't be impatient here! I'm the one who really needs the patience! lol Although I do want him to take his time, it free's up my garage for finishing up while the truck is at the chassis shop so it works out. He's not rushed, and I'm not in a hurry. I'll certainly have it by the time racing starts this year.

I may swing by there Friday, or at latest Monday of next week just to see if he started yet, and drop off a few more pieces to the puzzle

Believe me once its started on, I'll have plenty of pics going up!

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good deal Josh! I can't wait bc this is engineering at it's finest! What pieces will you be dropping off. Give us some ideas. LoL

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS TTRAH! View Post
    Good deal Josh! I can't wait bc this is engineering at it's finest! What pieces will you be dropping off. Give us some ideas. LoL

Picked these up yesterday....going to drop them off at the chassis shop tomorrow. I'll try to snap a few better close-up pics when I do. Rear window surround is fully smoothed and painted, and the LED 3rd brakelight surround is smoothed and painted. I've got 6+ hours of sanding into these 2 pieces, 220 grit, 400 grit, then 600 grit all by hand, but the body shop guy said I did a heck of a job, so at least it turned out good lol

I also had a tailgate handle done for Jekyll. No pics of that yet though.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast