Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: *100% DONE!* 10 Point Rollcage Progress Thread...(27-JUN-11 Update - Post #117)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    U did everybody proud on this site as well as everyone who's not. My hat goes off to u.

yes i searched.......
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Johnny63, where are you located? This saturday is the DelValLO summer bash in Vineland, if you're local you should come. Its an awesome event, we even have guys from CT making the drive down for it.
    wish i could have made it, my schedule wouldn't allow it on short notice

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Looking real good Josh!!!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by DATS TTRAH! View Post
    Good job. Now your cage is comparable to some of the other boys on NLOC and lightningrodder Josh, congrats ! Sounds like your very impressed and that's what matters! Another customer happy!
    Comparable? HA! Seen quite a few hack jobs, quite a few marginal jobs, and a lot of really nice jobs, but none really over the top. Ikatya's is up there, still a few minute details here and there not quite up to Joe's, but that badazz 4link setup in his truck makes up for it lol. I'm confident in saying the only other one out there up to par with this one is Vinnie's red L....which Joe also did lol.

But tell me this, How much was the cost bc that is the big factor here.....?
    Cost isn't a factor at all. Fit, finish, quality, function, appearance, safety, those are all factors, cost is a byproduct. When you haggle down the price of a cage you get work that shows it. It was more expensive than many would want to pay, it was fair pricing for the insane quality of work that went into it. Simple enough

Quote Originally Posted by ls1-ths View Post
    Really good looking cage Josh. love how everthing turned out looks badazz Congrats
    Thanks man. How's your truck been coming along? Last I heard you were ditching the 3.4 Whipple for a turbo setup. Any progress or results yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny63 View Post
    wish i could have made it, my schedule wouldn't allow it on short notice
    keep an eye on delvallo.net, we're always getting some event together. Next BIG one is our fall rental on October 28th, but we'll have several other smaller GTG's between now and then.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea, after re-reading my reply..... I knew you would like that "comparable" comment! Hehe, I guess it's bc the last few cage threads I been reading have been a success in my book so far so ya know.....but not! Def. no where's along them lines now except the few mentioned with yours! I wonder what his cage job would look on our full 4drs is the question!! I like how you did the rear window with the bars but may I ask why you didnt come out the window higher up positioned like most?! I love the way that looks although your truck looks more of a sleeper with them where they at now if I was coming from behind in traffic. I never seen it in person although which I'm sure it is totally superb!

How does it drive n feel?!

Sent from iPad2 using Tapatalk!
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm not thinkin' that Hyde is being driven around to assess "drive 'n feel"!!?!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cage looks unreal man, very professional work. how many hours did joe have into this cage- doubt you'll answer this question,lol but how much was the total bill for the cage- i know it had to of hurt. none the less, truck looks awesome and u should be ready in 2012 to break 9's- quite a feat bro!

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crockett59 View Post
    You've come a long way josh..... Just think where you'd be if your truck "could" have done a burn out that day.....
    I won that contest, didn't I?

Looks damn good Josh. That cage is definitely a work of art. You'll have to get your stuff together and come on down to FL this winter. Year round racing, and I'm 25 minutes from the DeSoto Speedway in Bradenton (google Snowbird Nationals).

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Yea, after re-reading my reply..... I knew you would like that "comparable" comment! Hehe, I guess it's bc the last few cage threads I been reading have been a success in my book so far so ya know.....but not! Def. no where's along them lines now except the few mentioned with yours! I wonder what his cage job would look on our full 4drs is the question!! I like how you did the rear window with the bars but may I ask why you didnt come out the window higher up positioned like most?! I love the way that looks although your truck looks more of a sleeper with them where they at now if I was coming from behind in traffic. I never seen it in person although which I'm sure it is totally superb!

Sent from iPad2 using Tapatalk!
    regarding the bolded part, the reason bars come out higher on the window is those trucks are lightnings. They have no choice and thats where they end up. I didn't want my bars going straight back off the main hoop, and not bending down till after the rear window, and then have a 16" cut protruding into my tonneau cover. I actually could have went with a steeper angle and kept everything in the cab, but then I would have lost function of the rear setas. Not that I use them, but bars going THROUGH the rear seat just wouldn't look right to me. At least going above them the seats don't look ruined. And with the bars going through the bottom of the rear window, it's just enough peeking out to show I mean business, but not very obtrusive where it's mistaken for a KC Daylighter Redneck Rack lol. And the notches in the tonneau only had to be about 3-4" rather than 16-18".

Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    I'm not thinkin' that Hyde is being driven around to assess "drive 'n feel"!!?!!
    It's been driven a decent amount after I got it back. Summer bash in vineland, several chik-fil-a car shows locally, took it to work a few times, out for dinner a handful of times, and on a decently long haul to a GTG up north, as well as frivolous romping here and there. Not to mention several track events.

The cage feels excellent. THe truck feels SOOOO much more sturdy and in control. Especially while hooning! Before while doing burnouts if you get sideways and get to the point where you let off and the truck hooks and would launch the opposite direction, it would seem to have a springboard type of effect from the frame flexing and twisting then rebounding back. Now it's rock solid and would go exactly where I pointed it. Didn't get much luck this fall season racing, but it feels very solid out of the hole as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hansonharley02 View Post
    cage looks unreal man, very professional work. how many hours did joe have into this cage- doubt you'll answer this question,lol but how much was the total bill for the cage- i know it had to of hurt. none the less, truck looks awesome and u should be ready in 2012 to break 9's- quite a feat bro!
    6 points typically run around 3k, 10 points typically around 6k.

As for number of hours, not sure, but a crapload. Joe's attention to detail is second to none. Two of my other buddies actually took their trucks there after seeing mine to get 6 points in theirs. One actually already had a 6 point from Rhodes, and after seeing mine, he came over with a sawzall and cutoff wheel, and we lopped his out of his truck, and his is almost done getting the new one from Joe, should be done in about another week.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    I won that contest, didn't I?

Looks damn good Josh. That cage is definitely a work of art. You'll have to get your stuff together and come on down to FL this winter. Year round racing, and I'm 25 minutes from the DeSoto Speedway in Bradenton (google Snowbird Nationals).
    lol yeah that day was certainly a crossroads and I took the right (but more expensive) path! lol

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11