Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Any good tires still available?

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    We need a online hookup. I'm gonna need some soon.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ulisses03HD View Post
    were did you get those rear side skirts dats ttrah? They look sweet....
    They are OEM lightning skirts. There a biatch to get rite but i did things a little different.
    First off u have to trim and cut like hoff states I'n his how to bc the lightning bed is shaped a tad different. the lightning also doesn't have fender flares
    Then what i did instead of making brackets like hoff, i mocked them I'n the position after trimming, marked where i wanted them to mount on my stock location where my plastic skirt was disassembled. Used JBWeld to mold bolts on the flares. Then used nuts to finish up mounting to rear. I made that single bracket (shown In the picture) for securing and chopped off the other 2 that come as OEM to the lightning.

Not fun but worth it
    ......back to the thread....

The downside of the bfg's are the cost! $1300.00+ mounting
    If they were cheap, i guarantee everyone would have these tires. They are the best tires IMO
    you do Get your money worth if u have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes iam sold on the bfg's, price doesnt concern me as iam still rockin the orginal goodyears it came with from the factory.
    i will prob get a good 5-6 years out of them considering the stock tires have lasted 8 years. ha

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan@RhynoTune View Post
    those firehawks look very similar to the fuzion zri's that came on my truck, close to the same tread pattern, both rated 320 treadwear, etc.

Fuzion ZRi

unfortunately looks like they only go up to 275/40R20 and no 295/45's available

they grip really well.
    Last edited by Blind; 01-17-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I had kooks on mine for a while. The ride and noise level was great, rain traction was so so when new and piss poor when getting worn down a bit. Dry traction also deteriorated significantly when they got to the end of their life (could spin 1st and keep spinning into 2nd). Bought fronts and rears about 3-4 months apart and both sets got bubbles before the tread was completely worn down. They lasted about 36-38K or so before the bubbles appeared and made it wobble, although they were almost to the wear bars by then. I was hard on them, I like to burn out and of course when I lived in DFW they were subject to 20 temps in the Winter and 100+ in Summer, and lots of rough roads. For the money, they weren't bad, just don't try to squeeze that extra 10K out of them!

Replaced with Yokohamas and was impressed with wet and dry traction. Truck barely spun in the rain let alone on the dry pavement when new. Rears have about 25K on them now and are pretty worn (most of this was on the front before I replaced the old kooks and put these on the back). It spins much easier now but still has respectable rain traction. The ride and noise level are pretty nice, no complaints at all. I do not expect to see much over 30K on these, they wear a bit faster than the kooks.

I don't know about today's Firestone tires, but I've never been impressed with their products. I had them on a couple different cars in the past and they always separated while the tread still looked good. Then there was the rolling Explorer lawsuits (although some of that was Ford's suspension design and poor maintenance/pressure). They might be ok now as companies typically improve their products over time, but I have a bad taste in my mouth over them.

Hope my two cents helped a bit

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SR81 View Post
    We need a online hookup. I'm gonna need some soon.
    +1 on this. I am going to be needing a set as well...

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    tires online @ tires-easy.com: tire dealer for cheap passenger, summer, winter tires has great prices on tires if they have what you're looking for. I've ordered all my toyo's through them.

Toyo Proxes ST's on both my trucks in 295/45/20 on my set of 20's, then 285/35/20 and 305/40/22 on my set of 22's. Love the tires, but no longer made. If you find a set, they're 5+ years old so better off going with the newer ST II's.

There were Hankook's on my red Lightning and I wasn't a big fan of them. The L in bone stock form could roast those tires and chirp 2nd and 3rd, wasn't overly impressed with them. But hey they are a cheap tire, hard to beat the price, so its a very popular choice.

My next set of tires all around will be General Grabber UHP's. Great specs, good price, pretty nice tread pattern, and good reviews.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcncgnito View Post
    Side pic of BFG's. I have never driven in rain,but they grip sweeet! Maybe I will try those Toyo's out next time...Just like the smooth sidewall look...Not a fan of all the designs they put on the sidewalls these days.

[IMG][/IMG]

Are these 295/40/20 BFG's?

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Before upgrading to 22" rep wheels, I had a pair of General Grabber UHP's on my rear OEM 20's, and liked them very much. The Grabber UHP's will also be the replacements for my 22" Toyo ST's. Plan to continue to run staggered sizes with those too.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Those are sick. I am sold!!

7klub
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan@RhynoTune View Post
    What size nitto are you running?

Also where are you guys buying these tires?

Was thinking about these?

Nitto Tires 202150 - Nitto NT 420S Tires - Overview - SummitRacing.com
    285/35R-22

Discount tires ~220/tire...

JD

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No problem buddy I'm glad I was able to help. BTW at the Fla gtg last year someone had a set of Coopers on their truck and they looked awesome. I can't remember what brand it was though.

Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    I got my BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW2 295/45/20 set from TireRack. A member on here knew someone that did road racing and had an account at TireRack with a good discount so he hooked me up. Thanks again bud!

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    295/40/20 toyo is still available

Name: Jason

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would kill for something very sticky for a stock 20" rim

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flahp View Post
    I would kill for something very sticky for a stock 20" rim
    Nitto make a NT555R and the NT05 in a 275-40ZR-20