Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Any good tires still available?

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Just bought a new pair of Proxes ST II for the rear. Got them for $157 each from Discount Tire. Had to order them however ... took them three weeks to get them from an AZ warehouse via CA distribution.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    3 Weeks!!! one state over?

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_Hog View Post
    3 Weeks!!! one state over?
    Yep! Reason being that Les Schwab has exclusive retail distribution right to Toyo throughout WA, OR, ID, UT. Other retailers have to have inventory shipped from respective regional warehousing to one of their retail outlets in another state (in this case, closest was CA) and then transferred to their local retail outlet. I didn't mind the long lead-time since it was not a "must have now" scenario and saved me $80 per tire difference from buying them from Schwab or an additional $20/tire shipping cost of buying them online.

Chi-Town Native
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the Hankooks OEM specs but I want to go bigger in the back.....also I ordered them from Neumáticos online @ tires-easy.com : Ofrecemos neumáticos de calidad, llantas y ruedas completas mas baratos., nice site for tires.....

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flahp View Post
    I would kill for something very sticky for a stock 20" rim
    Go with the BFG's then!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    Go with the BFG's then!
    Sticky for sure, Chuck! Problem is they are really soft rubber to make them sticky! ... very little life-mileage realized from them. ... and pricey!

Given how little I drive my truck? I think I should probably sell my new Toyo Proxes ST II and get them!

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, the BFG's lasts me on a average .... 4 to 4 1/2 years! Around 20-25k miles. That's with a few burn outs and runs of course. Along with proper rotating of tires.
    Good luck with the purchase. When i get back home, i have a site saved on my computer at home that has very good prices on the bfg's. If anyone needs the link. Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    Sticky for sure, Chuck! Problem is they are really soft rubber to make them sticky! ... very little life-mileage realized from them. ... and pricey!

Given how little I drive my truck? I think I should probably sell my new Toyo Proxes ST II and get them!
    Exactly! If I got any longer life tires for my truck they would dry rot before I could wear em out!

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS TTRAH! View Post
    Yep, the BFG's lasts me on a average .... 4 to 4 1/2 years! Around 20-25k miles. That's with a few burn outs and runs of course. Along with proper rotating of tires.
    Good luck with the purchase. When i get back home, i have a site saved on my computer at home that has very good prices on the bfg's. If anyone needs the link. Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    post the link if ya got it

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this website isnt the very best prices now as they did have a discount which made them cheaper than tirerack but that expired. Compared to tirerack, they have the same prices but THESE TIRE SIZES (listed below) isnt offered at tirerack.com. The reason being is bc tirerack didnt sell enough tires in these sizes. If i was rockin the stock 20's, i would drop the truck and get these tires on the front: 275/35/20's Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more
    AND on the rear, i would go with 295/40/20's Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

i would love to see what them tires would look like staggered together on a hd dropped 3" front and 5" rear
    Last edited by DATS TTRAH!; 01-21-2011 at 06:35 PM.

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    iam going with 295/45/20 bfgs on all 4 corners

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonolds72 View Post
    iam going with 295/45/20 bfgs on all 4 corners
    Is there a big difference in look fronm 40 to 45 series? Anyone on here have these on their truck?

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Is there a big difference in look fronm 40 to 45 series? Anyone on here have these on their truck?
    huge difference in looks. 295/40/20 are actually shorter than our 275/45/20's that are too skinny as it is all around. IIRC they're about 1/2" shorter diameter. 295/45/20 are about 1/2"-3/4" taller and really fill up the wheel well gaps just enough to make the truck visually look lower although its actually sitting 1/2 that height difference higher, and provides a nicer ride with the bigger sidewall.

I'm planning on going to 295/40/20 or a 275/45/20 for just my fronts on my next set of tires for my 20's, but only because my 3" front drop scrapes pretty often on the race truck with the 295/45/20's up front.

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've got the 45's, look at the thread I stated for pics, it on page 3 of this thread.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Found them for $205/tire with the new tread. Saaahhhweeet

295/45R20 | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW | TireCrawler.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast