Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: first time at the track today

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Congrats man, you're hooked now! Very good times for such little done to the truck

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ive been looking at the used parts for a while and everytime i see what i need i dont have money and now that im about to have money i cant find anything used. i guess thats my luck. and all the parts i want is pretty common for our trucks. i was told by my buddy that track conditions were bad. he said the track temp was about 32 and it was about 50 out on saturday. so i dont know if that would make a big deal or not

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NC BoyHD View Post
    Ive been looking at the used parts for a while and everytime i see what i need i dont have money and now that im about to have money i cant find anything used. i guess thats my luck. and all the parts i want is pretty common for our trucks. i was told by my buddy that track conditions were bad. he said the track temp was about 32 and it was about 50 out on saturday. so i dont know if that would make a big deal or not
    Typically you will run a better time with colder temps...or just go to ATCO everyone seems to run the fastest times at that track

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Molly View Post
    Typically you will run a better time with colder temps...or just go to ATCO everyone seems to run the fastest times at that track
    Thats just because DelValLO just has some fast azz trucks lol

32* is way too cold for racing though. 50-60* temps are perfect

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good for all of you running low 14's bone stock.
    I ran a 13.9, 2.0 60 ft with a whipple making over 450 to the tire. My truck is pathetic

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ha! Either you do not have your launch down or are "sand-baggin'"! Years ago ... when I actually drove/"ran" the truck? ... I ran a 12.7 with similar HP spec at 68*! You are not, obviously, hookin'-up! ... I suspect this was without "track-tires"?

Your truck is not pathetic!

[edit: Talking toward SCBQQSTN ... sorry to divert/steal thread]
    Last edited by '02 H-D #677; 01-19-2011 at 11:41 PM.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sorry...it was no wheres near stock, lol....i also had a #6 pulley and tune with my meth kit, tailgate removed, and no bed cover. it was years ago and i dated the track time with mods listed in a file at my shop. made the file so if truck ever happened to get totaled by another idiot, i would have the receipts of mods with numbers it ran after modding. that way their insurance would cover everything without questions. went look after someone called bull**** in the file. i actually fooled myself for a second. lmao

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS TTRAH! View Post
    sorry...it was no wheres near stock, lol....i also had a #6 pulley and tune with my meth kit, tailgate removed, and no bed cover. it was years ago and i dated the track time with mods listed in a file at my shop. made the file so if truck ever happened to get totaled by another idiot, i would have the receipts of mods with numbers it ran after modding. that way their insurance would cover everything without questions. went look after someone called bull**** in the file. i actually fooled myself for a second. lmao
    Do you really think that ANY insurance company will take into consideration any insured's valuation provided by a previous owner? ... unless the previous owner's name was Boyd? ... Leno? ... LeMay? ... etc? Ha!

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    Do you really think that ANY insurance company will take into consideration any insured's valuation provided by a previous owner? ... unless the previous owner's name was Boyd? ... Leno? ... LeMay? ... etc? Ha!
    That's funny bc i already received $14,900 on my 07gsxr600 when another guy pulled out and totaled it. Considering my receipts totaled to $19,548. They did put a wear and tear on the items and pro rated my final offer by pricing items if they were to buy the bike as is from the dealership. I was very happy with the results
    That's how i know and that's y I'll be doing the same for this ride. (hopefully never to happen)
    Yea^^ at first, the insurance would only give me $3700 but after 10 months of not giving I'n like most typical cases bc ppl needing money. Yea^^, it was stressful but luckily i had receipts for all my mods like high dollar brembo brakes and ohlin suspension, Ect....
    Insurance companies always push ur buttons and if u have the patience and paperwork to prove, it can be done! That is if they're insurance pocket isn't met already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS TTRAH! View Post
    That's funny bc i already received $14,900 on my 07gsxr600 when another guy pulled out and totaled it. Considering my receipts totaled to $19,548. They did put a wear and tear on the items and pro rated my final offer by pricing items if they were to buy the bike as is from the dealership. I was very happy with the results
    That's how i know and that's y I'll be doing the same for this ride. (hopefully never to happen)
    Yea^^ at first, the insurance would only give me $3700 but after 10 months of not giving I'n like most typical cases bc ppl needing money. Yea^^, it was stressful but luckily i had receipts for all my mods like high dollar brembo brakes and ohlin suspension, Ect....
    Insurance companies always push ur buttons and if u have the patience and paperwork to prove, it can be done! That is if they're insurance pocket isn't met already.

Great!

BTW, what does any of this have to do with NC BoyHD's original thread post?

I thought he was talking about results for his 1st time at the track?
    Last edited by '02 H-D #677; 01-20-2011 at 02:23 AM.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well lets see, i simply made a mistake and i was correcting it by giving an explanation. you undermined my reason for keeping receipts and about insurers paying . .....i think u need to ask yourself that question

NOW, BACK TO THE THREAD.....
    Your times are great and rite on track bro!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NC BoyHD View Post
    After almost 2 yrs of driving my HD is i finally got her on the track today. she is all stock but the intake and thats just a k&n cone filter. my best time was a 14.21 @ 96.5. thats in the 1/4. never driven on the strip before. i have pretty happy with all the run bc they all low 14s. let me now if thats good for a stock truck. now its time to buy go fats mods.
    Anything in low 14's is very good for a stock truck and first-time at the track! My first pass when I got the truck new was something like 15 1/2!! Ha!

Please disregard the previous (frivolous/off-subject) posts by DATS DRAHH since he has never run/posted any kind of times for his truck. Sometimes he has tendency to go off subject-matter.

The point is, you did very well for your first pass at 14.2! I am certain that you are thinkin' 13.9? ... ha! ... 12.9? ... HA!!

As many have said before? ... put your CC somewhere you will not be able to easily access it!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ha! Either you do not have your launch down or are "sand-baggin'"! Years ago ... when I actually drove/"ran" the truck? ... I ran a 12.7 with similar HP spec at 68*! You are not, obviously, hookin'-up! ... I suspect this was without "track-tires"?

Your truck is not pathetic!

[edit: Talking toward SCBQQSTN ... sorry to divert/steal thread]
    Nope, tires did not spin (that much) and second run was a 13.8

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    O lawd...02-HD. I see i proved ur ignorance by simply answering your QUESTION. Just quite actin like a girl (I'm sure there's going to be another rude remark)
    Sometimes ppl like to bust your balls for mistakes and as u can tell i made an apology with an explanation for mine. I have tendency to answer questions thoroughly that's all
    I FIXED his off thread topic now let the personal best be heard!
    Don't worry about this stupidity here!

AGAIN... let's stick to the topic

NC boyHD...
    which state/track u ran at?
    What was the outside temps?
    What are the expectations u are trying to achieve?
    If you know the time expectations, this can really save $ for the needed mods bro.
    FYI: Harley356 has a great niche for these trucks and can give u valuable info too.
    U can refer to Lightningrodder.com as well and nloc.net. Lightningrodder has a Harley section but NLOC doesn't. As our trucks are also referred to 4 door lightnings, those guys are a great blessing to the community.
    Keep us posted on your upgrades and like always...... Pictures of your truck would be great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2