Thread: Metco Track- Link folks ... IN HERE!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Metco Track- Link folks ... IN HERE!

Need some quick help from folks that have Metco traction bars. I just need to know what the ID (inside dimension) measurement is for the lowermost bracket (bracket on the bottom of the axle-tube) where the Track-Link bar (traction bar) is secured to the lower axle-tube bracket ... the distance (inches and/or mm) that is the dimension of the inside of the lower mounting bracket location for the trac-bars under the axle. I hope I am being succinct. Thanks.

Name: David

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    did you call and ask them?....they might just know.since nobody has answered this in a couple of months.but would be interesting to know, will you post it up after you find out?

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Metco told me 2.39 over the phone (he actually had to go get one and measure it). Found out (via personal micrometer) that it is actually between 2.4 and 2.46. I measured one set where one was 2.39 and the other was 2.48. Measured a second set where one was 2.41 and the other was 2.46. I think the variance is obviously in the set-up of their welding jig. I also think they leave a little "slop" in order to get the non-adjustable end (trailing end) of the Metco links in the axle-tube bracket. Since the bolts (Metco only uses/supplies Grade IV) are torqued up anyway? ... I guess it really doesn't matter if it's only that little bit off anyway. The reason I needed to know is because I was using the Metco lower axle-tube mounting bracket with modified CE/Moroso S-A-L links (big-arse 3/4" Heim joints on either end for adjustability) and I needed to know the dimension specs for fabrication of bronze bushings on either side of the heim joints so the entire modded assembly would fit into the bracket very clean/tight/tidy.