Thread: The Ghost!!! Help!!!

Name: Heath

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Ghost!!! Help!!!

I have a 2001 Harley F150. As I walked to my truck the other night my radio was on (the key was not in it). On the way home my windshield wipers wouldn't work, got home cut the truck off and the a/c fan was still blowing and my headlights were still on (just the headlights, the parking lights and tails and everything else was off) The only way I can cut the headlights off is disconnect the battery, with the air its even more weird in the fact if I cut the air off it stops of coarse but it I turn it back on it does come back on. If I cut the key on then back off it does the same thing where the air stays on. Driving down the radio I haven't had any problems besides the windshield wipers, except the seatbelt chime goes off randomly (when I get in normally I push the button and it does "ding" anymore, one thing that the 2001 would do). No remote start, nothing special wired on the truck. I'm pretty good with 12v wiring, I've installed car electronics for a number of years. I don't know if its the ignition switch or the GEM. Any thoughts or help?

Name: Ulisses

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    dude that is really weird!!!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Did your fuse panel get wet?

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    really different!

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Could be a module, but I'd suspect a bad ground somewhere or a constantly hot wire that has rubbed through and is shorting power to other wires that are normally switched by the ignition. If you have problems across multiple parts of the vehicle that don't normally work together, the likely cause is a loose ground causing items to feed power back through other components.

Have you recently installed any new electrical parts, or removed/installed stuff that might have pinched a wire somewhere?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All of the functions you've described are controlled by the GEM module. I've never worked on this type of problem, but it sure sounds like a GEM gone hay wire to me.