Thread: Rear door lock question

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts

Rear door lock question

Are the rear door locks supposed to stay locked when you put the truck in park? Some friends were asking me when they were riding in the back. Is there a way to change it?

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep! After i put the truck I'n drive and go over 1-2 mph it locks automatically U then HAVE to push the unlock for the rear to get out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You could deactivate the AutoLock Feature. But that also stops the doors from automatically locking. So you will have to manually lock and unlock all doors, which would be another pain in the azz to me. Got the best of both worlds, as my aftermarket alarm system automatically unlocks all doors when the ignition is turned off.

Junior Boost Lover

I keep it the way it is. Just wondering if it was right. My friends will have to deal.

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SR81 View Post
    Are the rear door locks supposed to stay locked when you put the truck in park? Some friends were asking me when they were riding in the back. Is there a way to change it?
    If you want to have some real fun with them there is a lock switch(by the locking mechanism) on the door side that make it where they can not open the door from the inside...

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Molly View Post
    If you want to have some real fun with them there is a lock switch(by the locking mechanism) on the door side that make it where they can not open the door from the inside...
    Watch out for this. We took a friends girlfriends car out drinking one night and a buddy kept trying to bail out of the car going down the road, so we flipped the switch. Welllllll apparently the taco bell didnt sit right, and he couldnt get the door open to yack, so she ended up with 3 half digested chalupas all over the door panel, seat and down the side of the car from him trying to get his head out the window, lol.

Junior Boost Lover

Yeah, Ive already messed with the child locks. They dont think its funny.

I <3 Mini trucks
    Name:

Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
    My 2 year old car seat is behind the passenger side, everytime I get out and leave the truck running, I forget to unlock the doors! It is kind of frustrating.

Within 12 seconds of her first time ever in the truck she figured out that she could reach the door handle and open the door. Child lock on!