Thread: any thoughts?

Name: Ulisses

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question any thoughts?

so do you guys think we have a chance against a new camaro or dodge charger srt 8? Also tonight this chevy malibu was racing me tonight and it seemed to be he was staying with me by my tailgate.. Will a change of fuel filter and new spark plugs help me maintain my truck in tip top shape? I don't want to start losing to a chevy malibu and what not... Thanks

2002 H/D Build # 7944
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    throw a CAI , 6 or 8 lb lower pulley & a good tune in there 7 spank um.

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is your truck stock? Right now I have a stock eaton with a 6# lower, cone filter kit and a good tune. I've never gone up against a camaro but I've gone against SRT8 Chargers. I think driving ability has a lot to do with it because I was able to take him from a dig, but he slowly started to real me in. When I started hitting my rev limiter he was still building power. Also the weight difference is in both of those cars' favor. It can't hurt to swap the plugs and gap them correctly and change the fuel filter. If the truck is stock, get a 6lb lower pulley and a good dyno tune. You'll be pleasantly surprised from the new found power.
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what about a chevy malibu? This guy was keeping up with me too? Is this normal?

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Depends upon what new camero...SS If he knows how to drive those are fast and should give you a good run and I would say win would go to the SS camero.

best 1/4 mile time I have seen for a stock 2010 SS was 12.87

Charger srt8...stock to stock...charger will win. Bolt on mods to the HD with tune and 6# pulley and you will shock the crap out of him...just go from a dig

2010 Dodge Charger SRT8
    Drivetrain: 6.1-liter V8; RWD, five-speed automatic
    Output: 425 hp @ 6,200 rpm, 420 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm
    Curb Weight: 4,160 lb
    1/4 mile 13.3 - 13.6

Fuel filter and spark plug change will have your truck runner smoother if you need it. If you don't you will see no change and either way you will not be any faster. You want more speed then you need to change pulley's, add more boost, exhaust, or change out to some go fast parts in the engine itself.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    alright cool I thought it was possible to beat a charger srt 8 with no mods what about a charger like a simple one

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russp View Post
    throw a CAI , 6 or 8 lb lower pulley & a good tune in there 7 spank um.
    +1 Just what all these guys say!

You need this as a minimum to challenge. 8lb lower is even better but make sure you have a good tune too.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Stock HD trucks if you know how to drive can do a 1/4 mile in 13.8 to 14.5 if you don't If you ever want to see if you can hang with any car, just google search that cars stock 1/4 mile time and you will have your answer.

Main thing for our trucks, is go from a dig!!! Low end torque is the thing with a supercharger and they way our trucks are set up.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yep all depends on the mods of you and the car you're running against. As oki said our strong point is from a standstill with the gobs of tq these trucks make. Highway high speed blasts aren't their strong point, nor are they good for the internals. Most blown motors occur from either 2nd gear kickdowns from 4th on the highway, or WOT into 4th gear on the highway. Extremely rare to pop a motor from a dead stop dig....(at least in comparison to highway running, but it can always still happen with a bad tune)