Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: will this tailgate wing work with possibly a soft bed cover?

Name: Paul

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Has anyone got a hold of the guy who makes them yet. I know i would be in!!

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    no i like the mod. i just dont like the way he did it. i would have cut the ends and lengthened them to make it fit properly

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Laugh

i love this setup! i wish i could get a PHOTOSHOP PLEASE?!? of the gaylord lid with the cervinis wing. this is a pic on a lightning, BUT I WAS THINKING OF FINDING A GAYLORD on a harley and adding the cervinis wing cervinis wing.jpg.....
    [ATTACH][ATTACH]blowerwhore lid 3.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DATS TTRAH!; 02-07-2011 at 12:49 AM.

yeah that is mike blower whore's truck. ive wanted to do this to my harley for quite sometime. i even have the wing, and lid lol. im more then likely going to have my friend do it and mold in all into one piece. to do this he said he would have to cut the thing in the middle and build a center section to make it wide enough.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that would be cool! im not good with fiberglass and im sure taking it to someone would cost a pretty penny
    i wished your guy lived near me! i would def. try to get him to do that on mine! thats the ultimate package over the innovative lid. imma try contacting innovative to see if we can get a order of 5 or so....i only have 2-3 ppl wanting an innovative
    Heres another option i was considering instead of spending the high dollar route...going with this lid and the cervinis wingtorza top.jpg
    its even shown on a harley 2tone
    TPR, KEEP US POSTED WITH PICS! this might just have to be my last appearance mod!
    Last edited by DATS TTRAH!; 02-07-2011 at 02:14 AM.

ive always like the innovative lid over the gaylord. its funny when i ordered my lid, i didnt like the speedstur in the pics. then once i saw it in person i knew i made a mistake, but it was already too late. i might be interested in one though if the price is right

Stock Block 11.424@119.87
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    TPR I would have done that but it would have been more skill than I have and I was not paying a body shop to do it for me I even painted it my self. Most people like it and there are different strokes for different folks. And if you look at the Nascar truck series there wings dont go around the corners so for you to say it looks ricer and was done wrong is out of place I put a pic up for a fellow brother to give him ideas and you could have toned your dislike for my wing down a little. when you ran your built moter truck to a 11.70 @115 with 1.80 60 foot I congratulate you But rember my stock long block with 15lb of boost ran 11.42@119.87 with a 1.64 60 foot with the ugly ricer wing was running proud down the track. Now this was not to start a war we are all brothers in this hobbi and we should find nicer ways to help and do les of hurting. Because Im very proud of what I have acomplish with this truck and have answered 100 of request for people to just ask me how I did certain things. And when my built moter that was esambled mostly by me goes in there 10 her we come. Sory for takeing this thread over but I have a lot of pride in my truck and I would never make a coment about a nother mans ride like that I would keep it to my self
    Last edited by ilaybrk; 02-07-2011 at 04:57 AM.

wow first off man wtf does my truck running 11.78 have to do with this thread? second im sorry you feel personally attacked. if you recall i said no offense. i realize you put time and effort in what you did and i commend you. maybe i was a little harsh, but this IS the internet and people take chit way to much to heart! oh and if you want to start a pissing match, wasnt it ME who loaned you MY front bogarts once? calm down buddy.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ilaybrk.... I thank u very much and ur truck does look great! He'll I'm even leaning that route unless innovative could work something out. I'm liking ilaybrk's way bc i been wanting the carbon fiber bed rails on my hd anyways. Along with the tuxedo lid and Cervinis wing would look sick! If it is at all cheaply possible, i would get the wing widened but either route still looks great I'n my opinion
    Depends on how much i can get rid of my a.r.e. cover....
    I would worse case, contact Gaylord and ask them when they make my lid, if i could send them my personal style wing for them to mold I'n together with their cover and have a Cervinis wing as well.
    I HOPE A LADY ANSWERS THEIR SHOP LINES BC THEN IT'S ON!! done deal!....THATS A WRAP!! . Gaylord custom lid with Cervinis rear wing. They could prolly mold I'n the sides as well..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not here to fight I thought you and me were friends and friends don't take shots at each other like that. I'm the first guy to do a wing like this there will always be people that do things better that is how progress works. None of this would have happened but you mentioned ricer and my truck in the same sentence and what you would do to make it proper. and I also thanked you More than once for the use of your rims. We fast guys have to stick together and not bicker about things that can hurt feeling's

again wasnt trying to discourage your effort. : from the side pic it looks good, but the one on the rear doesnt to me. just seeing the wing on lightnings for so many years, and the way they are supposed to look ruined it for me.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    and if that was how your first statement went there wouldn't be to friends arguing over the internet. My is the first one when you or some one else build a better one I will tell you how much I like it and ask how you did it and then I will buy a nother and do it again. This wing was bought used and it was beat up it was to be a test but it turned out better than I thought im still looking for a nother used one to try a gain maybe you will like my new one some day. Take care Jack Honeycutt

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well TPR & ilaybrk, sorry for ur mishaps
    On another note....GREAT NEWS!
    i called and spoke with a nice fella at Gaylord and i started by asking him if we can work out molding the Cervinis wing on the lid from them. I told them i would rite up a document stating they wouldn't be responsible if they wing was to have molding issues. He then gave me the ok.
    As we kept discussing their lid i brought up the innovations lid for the lightning, which he was very familiar with too! He then said he could duplicate the innovations style wing to their speedster lid and make the wing a 1/2" taller and style the side curvatures to be exactly like the innovations. being they went out of business, it would be no prob and Gaylord could then be responsible for craftsmanship on the whole lid!
    I mentioned to him our website and told him if that's the case i could prolly get Atleast 5 units sold. All which would be identical.
    Now being i don't know how many would go for the purchase. He gave me a price as of now with just my purchase. I'm sure we can get them down a bit after everything was said and done!
    THE PRICE HE GAVE ME ....
    $1500 and that includes prep, fiberglass molding, finished paint to vehicle paint code
    Seems fair to me being the Cervinis wing is $300 and most cheap lids are around $400 so painted and everything and having a finished product, that should be great. Please let me know. I was thinking within the next 2-4 months to make a purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    sht goota start saving up $$$

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yep! it will be sweet. the guy i spoke with was very kewl. as soon as he realized that i could hook him up with more sales, i could tell he was really wanting my call. i didnt let him know a time frame
    im wondering about shipping.....was curious to know where everyone lived so i could try to get a "lid mod GTG". that way we can try and save on shipping and possibly ship to one address. being i have a couple businesses and its cheap to send to a business address you know. he may be down to send them all in one ship. all up to you guys
    Last edited by DATS TTRAH!; 02-07-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast