Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: will this tailgate wing work with possibly a soft bed cover?

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question will this tailgate wing work with possibly a soft bed cover?

can you guys help me out? i really want the innovative brand bed cover but being they dont make them anymore.... and i dont think the speedstur lid has enough lip for me.
    im really wanting to know if this rear lip/wing could work on our trucks and ill just get a low profile soft lid
    heres a pic of the rear wing im talking about on another members lightning...
    winged lightning.jpg

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    not with out widening it by a few inches. those are made for the step side style ie: lightning and 2000 harley

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    damn! i wonder if it was possible to just trim the sides of the spoiler/wing (whatever u call that, lol) and just let our beds finish the side off??

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    trahh i have the # of the owner of innovative, some dude on ** gave it to me and said he knows the guy. Let me know so we can contact him and see wt we could do.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    you actually don't need to widen it at all. the screw and flareside beds are the same width, as are their tailgate, bumpers, etc. The flareside bed just has a bit more of a taper on the fender sides, so the cervinis wing wraps forward on the bed more. The screw rear fender sides are more "flat" across even with the tailgate, so all you need to do is smooth out that "curl" forward. Takes a little fiberglass work. Ilaybrk did it on his 02 DSG.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by walter123walter View Post
    trahh i have the # of the owner of innovative, some dude on ** gave it to me and said he knows the guy. Let me know so we can contact him and see wt we could do.
    YES.....SHOOT ME HIS NUMBER!! WHEEEEE
    hopefully we can get something going with this bc im tired of the whoorahh about gaylord. i dont think theyre all put out to be what others are sayin. i just think theyre like that bc they are the only company that offers a wing

Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    you actually don't need to widen it at all. the screw and flareside beds are the same width, as are their tailgate, bumpers, etc. The flareside bed just has a bit more of a taper on the fender sides, so the cervinis wing wraps forward on the bed more. The screw rear fender sides are more "flat" across even with the tailgate, so all you need to do is smooth out that "curl" forward. Takes a little fiberglass work. Ilaybrk did it on his 02 DSG.
    sweeeet! now to find a sweet soft bed cover!!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Travis, try these guys for the tonneau. Pretty much as low a profile as you can get and very sexy electric slide too although you can get the spring loaded non-electric too.

I have one on my 2000 4x4 and it works nice. I would love to get the lip spoiler and put one on my HD too if it can all be fitted to look decent.

The Pace-Edwards Bedlocker Electric Retractable Tonneau Cover

moot
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    as harley 356 said u just to trim the ends u also have to cut the front off where it slips over tail gate then screw it down to the top doing the mod as we speak just waiting for my painter to finish i have a snug top and i called about sed spur for our trucks and it is a speical order & is over 2,000

Gotta Get There
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    fyi... it's been done before. lookup hogwyld2 album
    Last edited by HDSouthCali; 02-03-2011 at 02:35 PM.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    as harley 356 said u just to trim the ends u also have to cut the front off where it slips over tail gate then screw it down to the top doing the mod as we speak just waiting for my painter to finish i have a snug top and i called about sed spur for our trucks and it is a speical order & is over 2,000
    what did you have to cut? The tailgates on screws and flaresides are identical, so it should bolt up identically.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    im looking to see more low profile lids.....id rather stay towards vinyl/cloth and throw the spoiler on and sell my are for cheap

what are some cheap low profile and light lids hard or soft?

Stock Block 11.424@119.87
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    here is mine all I did was re shape the ends and it installed just like the stock gate protector with stock push tabs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name: Paul

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i would love an innovative brand bed cover if he would do a run of them for a few of us who want them!!

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilaybrk View Post
    here is mine all I did was re shape the ends and it installed just like the stock gate protector with stock push tabs
    no offense but to me it looks like crap cause is doesnt fit around the edge of the bed. looks too short, kinda like ricers put wings on cars that are too small

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hahaha. i understad this isnt a mod you like but to say "it looks like ricers putting wings on cars that are too small" haaha

i would love to get innovative on a batch!! i wonder how many would join on a group buy if we could that is??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast