Thread: Ford Steering Wheel Question

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ford Steering Wheel Question

I was talking with my dad yesterday and he had a good point which led to some questions. He owns a 2002 lincoln navigator, he has a steering wheel with more controls on it such as a/c and buttons that allow you to change the radio station and cd. As you know the harleys only have cruise control. I was wondering if i got a black navigator steering wheel i could just plug it in and use the controls (plug and play?). I am gueesing ford made the same wiring harnesses for all of their trucks in 2002 for the steering wheel column and the door pannels, it is a practical decision and ford wouldnt have to waste money making a different harness for each vehicle. Would i be able to get a navigator steering wheel and plug it in and it will work?

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    I doubt it would work. I'm thinking the opposite, they would make it difficult. No such thing as easy.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    true but you know where im comeing from, it makes sense to just produce one wireing harness for cheap instead of all different ones for different vehicles. Im wondering if it could be done?

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    It would....but I still say no.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think small issues that can be ironed out! Too bad i have aftermarket sound/screen! I do agree..if i daily drove my truck for work, Ect... It would suck to have no radio controls. Luckily we have 2 newer vehicles with a little more amenities. The hd def. Takes the win though either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    for a lot of things like signal mirrors on the earlier trucks they were wired like that. universally wired so guys like me without signal mirrors can buy a set, plug them in, and have them work.

for something like that though, it may be a bit too far. The navigator probably shared more harnesses with the expedition, rather than the f150, and if no f150's had the steering wheel controls for the radio in that year, odds are it's not going to work.