Thread: Got to beat up on Someone in the HD

Name: Jason

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got to beat up on Someone in the HD

A skittle with a big IC and full pod of gauges got froggy with us Sunday on the way to the engine builder.
    me and typhoon and another buddy in the truck and and engine stand and Built 5.4 navi motor from Typhoons turbo truck in the bed.

The tune was all jacked up but I had to give it a try.

The srt4 jumped first from about 3o. We reeled him in got a length ahead and then lifted.

While at Hurricane in jax. Tony and Torrie cleaned up the tune and fixed most of its issues.

This stuff never happens when I am in the Lightning

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Way to go Jason!!!! Got to love it when they challenge the big truck and loose!! So what do you think the extra weight was total in the truck between you, josh, your other friend, the engine stand and built 5.4?

Next thing we got to do is line up you and me and see what happens!!! So did you run here on the dyno and get some new numbers...inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Way to go Jason!!!! Got to love it when they challenge the big truck and loose!! So what do you think the extra weight was total in the truck between you, josh, your other friend, the engine stand and built 5.4?

Next thing we got to do is line up you and me and see what happens!!! So did you run here on the dyno and get some new numbers...inquiring minds want to know.
    No dyno tune. I just let them know were the problem spots were and Tony took it from there.

The tune was jacked up. Way too much timing in certain places. Remember before I bought it I told you it had detonation issues well we know why now.

I still have a weekend of work to do but will get her in tip top shape.

Yea I will take the challenge. I sold the drag set this weekend though

1320 pass... first one out the back door without a red light

You got me on power so its gonna take a good light for me to have a chance.

Then again. I could always try a few tricks with the truck.

Total extra weight had to be about 1500 pounds. me and josh alone are 265 each

Sport90's #1

I think it would be a good race between these trucks. I got you on power but you have the upgraded stall and true trac. Weight wise, the trucks should be about the same with all 4 seats, the hard tonneua cover, etc...

You sold the drag set, so with me on my slicks n skinny's and you on whatever...it should be close.

As for the light...no PRO TREE. My damn reaction time sucks on that as I need alot more practice and lets see what kinda 60 foot I can pull.

So are we talking street tune or something else?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it would be a good race between these trucks. I got you on power but you have the upgraded stall and true trac. Weight wise, the trucks should be about the same with all 4 seats, the hard tonneua cover, etc...

You sold the drag set, so with me on my slicks n skinny's and you on whatever...it should be close.

As for the light...no PRO TREE. My damn reaction time sucks on that as I need a lot more practice and lets see what kinda 60 foot I can pull.

So are we talking street tune or something else?
    I was just messing with ya... you know me I will run any time. Yea just running a street tune for this truck until I can spend a lot of time on the truck and get her the way I want

Got a PS pump going in this weekend as well as a few other maintenance things.

I have a few other sets of wheels so most likely some old 28s could be thrown on the back unless I get wild and grind the calipers. I have a set of 15" weld and the Bogarts for the Lightnings.

Sport90's #1

Well as soon as you get up to T-Town we can start tearing up the streets. Also, should we be planning on heading over to PC for the Viper Truck gathering at the 1/8th mile track to show them whats up?

You know that Amber and I are down!!!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Should be interesting were gonna need alot of pics and vids.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well as soon as you get up to T-Town we can start tearing up the streets. Also, should we be planning on heading over to PC for the Viper Truck gathering at the 1/8th mile track to show them whats up?

You know that Amber and I are down!!!
    Yea PC is a must.

I will bring at least 2 trucks.

They can try the tow rig. If the can beat that then I will let them have a crack at a lightning

Sport90's #1

Sounds like a plan...keep me posted if you plan on spending the night there or just going for the day. If we stay overnight, then we need to find some accomidations.