Thread: Billet Fuel door pics

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Billet Fuel door pics

Hey guys need an opinion on the gas fuel door. Should I PC it all black or leave the trim chrome. Maybe even Pc the trim and leave the center chrome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name: Ulisses

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the way it looks right now is pretty cool I would suggest leaving it like that... Unless you like alot of chrome because some guys over do it with alot of chrome on their trucks but other that it looks real clean man oh and it's all black! (high five)

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think yours looks good too. It's more a personal preference whether one likes chrome on filler doors or doesn't. I do find it a bit ironic that those with 03's who highly object to chrome on filler doors, but don't have a problem with those big azz chrome winged anniversary emblems on both front fenders and the tailgate.

I first began looking for just a PM locking fuel door, but then said wtf go black trim and chrome center. Same color scheme as that big winged emblem up front.

Name: Ulisses

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [QUOTE=03_HD_F150SC;561389]I think yours looks good too. It's more a personal preference whether one likes chrome on filler doors or doesn't. I do find it a bit ironic that those with 03's who highly object to chrome on filler doors, but don't have a problem with those big azz chrome winged anniversary emblems on both front fenders and the tailgate.

I first began looking for just a PM locking fuel door, but then said wtf go black trim and chrome center. Same color scheme as that big winged emblem up front.
    [IMG]

I love ur truck with those 22's and the black scheme you got going on. I want my to go that same direction

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Leave it Chrome. Harley's are synonomous with Chrome. What do you think makes our trucks so special? The supercharger isn't on all years or models but the Chrome is.

Ever try to buy a Harley bike? The ones with more Chrome always go for more money! Chromeless is like ordering a pizza without the cheese! Different but what's the point?

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    i had mixed feelings about the fuel doors originally. i never liked the way the polished ones looked on the black trucks or even the L tails. just looked out of place to me. until i saw hoffmans fuel door. he painted his black. i loved it. he said the paint chipped off the bolts. well i had to copy. the next day i went and bought a door and paint. now it matches my 22" wheels. i like both of yours also, its a good compromise. now on the dsg and the shamu the doors look perfect polished

Name: WILL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the way your door looks now. I wouldn't recomment a change.

TRP103....., can you post pix. I haven't seen an Shamu with an aftermarket fuel door before. Just curious.

sorry i dont have any pics of a shamu with the door.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Messed up on the first pic doesent quite show the door. I get a little undecided when I try to make a decision,

Not a close up but............the center is engraved with the 100th anniversary logo too.
    Got the truck with those fugly steps but finally found a set of OEM nerfs to put on. Fellow member is shipping next week. Wooohooo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cayman150; 02-18-2011 at 09:33 PM.

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Cayman, I like your truck. Think fiberglass nerf's are different, but kinda nice.....definitely not fugly. OEM bars will flow with the chrome on mirrors and doors.

Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    Cayman, I like your truck. Think fiberglass nerf's are different, but kinda nice.....definitely not fugly. OEM bars will flow with the chrome on mirrors and doors.
    +1 i kinda like it

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    where did u get that fule door at. i like the look of ur truck bro. wish i could find those 22s

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I personally hate the chrome blobs on the fenders, but when they're painted to match they do look pretty cool. Stands out just enough but still blends in. So I say paint/powdercoat it all to match.

Now the real question, who else things you should ditch that giant supercharged sticker down the sides? lol and go with some silver paint or something on those rotors, the yellow doesn't match anything

Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    Leave it Chrome. Harley's are synonomous with Chrome. What do you think makes our trucks so special? The supercharger isn't on all years or models but the Chrome is.

Ever try to buy a Harley bike? The ones with more Chrome always go for more money! Chromeless is like ordering a pizza without the cheese! Different but what's the point?
    actually, Ford had that mindset with the original HD truck concept, they had chrome mirror caps on it, chrome door handles, chrome bumpers, chrome grille surround "its a HD its supposed to be all chrome right?!" WRONG! It was Harley that said whoa now, there's a point where it gets gaudy and doesn't flow right, MONOCHROME the truck with color matched bumpers, surround, handles, mirrors, etc. and put just enough chrome on the parts that you want to show off (Rims, nurfs, grille, exhaust!), mickey mouse mirrors, door handles, bumpers, and grille shells weren't meant to be feature style items on the truck!