Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My 03 Two Tone Truck Got Keyed :(

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My 03 Two Tone Truck Got Keyed :(

I got home from work last night and my wife told me she had some bad news for me and for me to come outside. I immediately knew it was something about the truck. She went to Target (Tracy Mall) and came outside 45 minutes later to find 2 very deep scratches along the driver's side door and bed. I am soooo pissed about this that I can't stop thinking about what I would do to the person if I caught them in the act...

She said when she parked there was only one car next to her and she had plenty of room so I can't understand why some lowlife scumbag hater would do this to my truck. We have no enemies and my wife drives very carefully (she had my 2 kids with her at the time). I called insurance today and filed a claim. Luckily my comprehensive deductible is only $250.

Thankfully it's not through to the metal...

Last edited by Boat; 03-31-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Name: WILL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Aw Man......., I feel your PAIN!! Having insurance will take a bit of the sting off......., but only just a little.

Hopefully, you all can eventually move to a place where you can garage your truck on the regular.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHYLL View Post
    Aw Man......., I feel your PAIN!! Having insurance will take a bit of the sting off......., but only just a little.

Hopefully, you all can eventually move to a place where you can garage your truck on the regular.
    garages don't do **** when you're out shopping.

people think I'm crazy but I park in the furthest parking spot possible with a curb on one side, I don't mind walking a little further.

sorry to see that happen, the paint can be blended without needing a whole respray if the guy knows what he's doing, I've seen metallic red (ford laser red) key scratches that were down to metal repaired to where you couldn't see it at all even right up on top of the area.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sorry to see that kind of thing happen. Karma will exact revenge on the mindless douchebag.

Name: Clarence

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow! That sucks. Jealousy I tell you...

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat View Post
    It's actually a lot worse than the pics show. It's dark outside and I couldn't get a good pic. It seems to go all the way to the metal.

That's awful. I would be pi$$ed!

Here is a pic below. How would you best describe the scratches?

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry to hear about the scratches. I do the same as Blind does. I park as far away as I can and with one curb on either side.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHYLL View Post

Well I live in a great neighborhood and have never had any issues with my cars where I live and also have a surveillance camera pointed at the driveway. I would put it in the garage but that's reserved for my restored 66 Mustang...

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    That's awful. I would be pi$$ed!

Here is a pic below. How would you best describe the scratches?

Sell since I work 12 hour days I haven't have a chance to see it in the daylight yet...
    Last edited by Boat; 03-31-2012 at 05:47 PM.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    SOrry to hear....better choose a VERY good paint shop. Take them something else that is scratched and ask them to show you how they fix it.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    sorry to hear....better choose a very good paint shop. Take them something else that is scratched and ask them to show you how they fix it.
    +1

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I know what you mean, Mine got tagged (spray painted) in a friends driveway a few years ago along with her garage door, had just waxed the truck so it just polished off, had to repaint the garage door.

If its any comfort those look more like an accidental scratch, just someone being careless, than a purposeful keying, those are usually much bigger.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    [QUOTE=TX Harley Guy;561774If its any comfort those look more like an accidental scratch, just someone being careless, than a purposeful keying, those are usually much bigger.[/QUOTE]

Good observation. If it was intentional, it probably would be a straight line.

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Harley Guy View Post
    ....If its any comfort those look more like an accidental scratch, just someone being careless, than a purposeful keying, those are usually much bigger.
    You're probably right. But still it's still kind of like someone saying;" he was killed in an accidential shooting".....hum, is the victim any less dead?

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    looks like 70-80 percent will wetsand and polish out. take it to a good local detailer and let him take a stab at it first before you send it off to a body shop.
    i fix scrtaches like that all day long, a good painter will be able to blend them no problem, i find silver very easy to match up good.
    would be a waste to see insurance repaint the entire side, which is what most body shops do these days.
    also
    a good rule of thumb.
    get some washdown or some other solvent.
    wipe the scratch down and if the scratch dissapears while its wet, it will sand and polish out.
    Last edited by jonolds72; 02-23-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    That sucks man...any chance the store had parking lot camera's?

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast