Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My 03 Two Tone Truck Got Keyed :(

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    You're probably right. But still it's still kind of like someone saying;" he was killed in an accidential shooting".....hum, is the victim any less dead?
    True, it would have been nice if they would have at least left a sorry note, the days of common courtesy are long gone unfortunatly.

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    May also have been some female shopper. Too often they rush to the mall, hastily park and spend a few hours shopping. As they approach the parking lot they realize, oh chit I don’t remember where I parked the car, think it’s over here. Wandering between the cars with oversized handbags on their shoulders that have metal beads, bangles and thingamabobs and their hands full of shopping bags. They walk bewildered between vehicles turning back and forth looking for their cars......many will make a not entirely unconscious decision; if I’m going to brush up against a vehicle in my outfit, it damn sure will be the CLEAN one! So given the female psyche especially in mall mode, it may not be a malicious act, but many times it is the result of a conscious one.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Harley Guy View Post
    True, it would have been nice if they would have at least left a sorry note, the days of common courtesy are long gone unfortunatly.
    AMEN!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Harley Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS TTRAH! View Post
    AMEN!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've been sitting in my vehicle and had people deliberately pull up closer to me, get out bump it, look quickly and say: "I didn't hurt it" turn and walk away. I'm like butthead it's not your call. Why not give me the courtesy to look before you leave. Wish I could give some what John Wesley Hardin woulld have given.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonolds72 View Post
    looks like 70-80 percent will wetsand and polish out. take it to a good local detailer and let him take a stab at it first before you send it off to a body shop.
    i fix scrtaches like that all day long, a good painter will be able to blend them no problem, i find silver very easy to match up good.
    would be a waste to see insurance repaint the entire side, which is what most body shops do these days.
    also
    a good rule of thumb.
    get some washdown or some other solvent.
    wipe the scratch down and if the scratch dissapears while its wet, it will sand and polish out.
    Good advice here. I would personally at least try some compound before letting a shop try and paint my truck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2