Thread: Found a noise.. Fixed part of it. Assuming supercharger

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Found a noise.. Fixed part of it. Assuming supercharger

ok.. so i found out what my noise was.. it was the supercharger and it had zero fluid in it. filled it with fluid.. noise went away.. yay .. ok..so a few days later i noticed at a light. truck was making the same kinda noise but only at idol at like a stop light for instance. while in gear. not as loud in neutral or park. so i opened hood again and saw that there was a brown substance coming from seal of supercharger.. so i decided to pull off the snout of the blower. the oil pourd out and it was rust brown!!

ok so i cleaned it all up.. made it super shiny and clean. then i put snout back on... refilled again with new oil. started truck up everything is fine.. but there is still a noise coming from inside the blower.. its like a grinding type noise. here is a video of it. it is hard to hear. it gets louder and more of a buzz noise as i give it more throttle. once i hit around 2500 rpms the buzz completely stops and goes away. then as it drops down it does it again.. could something be loose? when the plenum was off i tried moving around the blades inside the blower and they dont shake or anything. gears in the front dont move anydirection but clockwise and counter clockwise pretty solid.. any other ideas? bearins in the snout? the noise is at around 6 seconds and 23 seconds..

truck part mods :: IMG_1010.mp4 video by MTaylor0090 - Photobucket

Name: Ulisses

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    can you upload video on youtube?

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Shot bearings and or bad seals?
    Are you putting down some sealant between the two mating faces?
    The should not be seeping out unless the the bolts are not torqued down correctly or the faces are not perfectly flat. Maybe that's what happened the first time and why there was no oil protecting the SC gears.
    Brown bits of chewed-up bearings and moisture got in to form rust?
    Also are byou putting the correct SC oil in? I would assume you are but just making sure.
    Tazz
    Last edited by Tazz; 03-01-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Best way to see if itis the supercharger is to take of the SC belt. If the sound stops it is probably some bad bearings in the snout...you can buy a rebuild kit pretty cheap and there is a how to in the how to section...if it still makes a noise check to see if your boost accuator is moving(driver side of blower)