Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: July 2011, Mike "Mikelemoine" Lemoine #388

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts

July 2011, Mike "Mikelemoine" Lemoine #388

This month’s winner hails from Florida, the “Sunshine State”. Well in this case for the last few weeks, it has been more like the “Rain State”. Apologies go out for not having more pics up right away, but we are giving this month’s winner more time for the rain to stop and get some quality pics for all of us to enjoy. This must be one of those “Texas” things, like the “Texas Yield” (for all of you who know what I am talking about) concerning time frame, but we won’t give him that hard of a time since he did make the transfer to Florida after all.

TOTM honors goes to a gentlemen who has been with us since 03/2004 and had a bit of an identity crisis at one point, as many of you might remember him as “Mlelsafe”. Name change, identity crisis, midlife crises…call it what you want; regardless this is definitely another honor that is long overdue. Perhaps it’s due to his inability to keep a Harley Truck for any type of extended time frame. So far his record is 3 days!!! That’s right, I said 3 days, but I will let you all read about that.

Our TOTM winner definitely uses his truck, like a truck!!! Be it to take a bed full of kids to the local Zoo, load it down to the bump stops with tile & grout, or haul around a riding mower back there, he definitely gets the use of his truck. Even still, he has worked hard on this truck to make it what it is today after first getting her and dealing with some “issues”.

All I know is that now that this member is in Florida, at the next GTG we hold I am calling him out!!! With an Ebay name of “mikelikesbbq” who is a self proclaimed “BBQ Fanatic”, I know who we are putting in charge of the pit and I will be first in line to sample, eat, and go back for some seconds, thirds, even fourths!!!!

So let me be the first to congratulate our July 2011 TOTM winner, member #388, Mike “mikelemoine” Lemoine and his 2003 Two/Tone Harley F150 build #07561.

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

I've always had unique vehicles and like anything that goes fast. The HD trucks had the perfect blend of unique looks, power and utility, and the sleeper factor.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I had a 1990 T-Bird SC and loved the low end torque of the supercharged V6. When I heard of a supercharged V8 truck, I couldn't wait to check it out! This is actually my 3rd HD. My first one was an 02 that was stolen and totaled in the first 3 days I had it, the second one was a black 03 that I and made the mistake of selling it after 3 years. I got my current one from a Ford dealer in AZ and had it shipped to TX where I lived at the time. It turned out to be a handful as I suspect the odometer was set back, it had broken shrapnel in the intake manifold from something that got sucked through the blower and it has some bad paint work (most of driver side) that will need to be redone soon. Surprisingly, it has been super reliable and lots of fun anyway! Terry at Performance Research in DFW tuned it for me 5 years ago and it's been great since.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

4LB, JBA Shorties, FTVB, SCT Tuner, CAI (hot air intake), C&L Elbow, wide mouth TB, all the usual stuff. I also have an Eclipse AV5495 AV/DVD/GPS unit with Sirius, 8" Kicker midbass drivers and Infinity Kappa tweeters in the front doors, Alpine 6x8s in the rear doors, knockoff Stealth box in the rear console and Hifonics amps. Everything is stealth to avoid prying eyes.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I am currently taking time off work to improve my health after popping a couple of disks in my neck and being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (kind of like arthritis). I sell stuff on Amazon and Ebay to make a few bucks here and there but am mostly de-compressing. Prior to that I worked for a safe and lock company serving the hotel industry for many years and got to travel to some amazing places.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

I like the members; they are what make the site work. You can post a question about anything from your truck's intricate systems to what insulation works best and someone will try to help you out! People really look out for one another here and I'm proud to be a part of such a family.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

Our trucks are fairly rare so our membership is dwindling a bit. We all need to make an effort to card any HD truck we see and/or track the owner down and invite them to join. The more members we have the more we can share and benefit from SV's and group buys.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

It's my name so it's easy to remember :-)

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

Taking time off has been great but I've had to limit my spending on toys. I plan to get back on the horse soon and intend to get the truck painted by a good friend of mine (the stripe is the biggest cost). After the truck is looking good again I plan to redo the rear console to accommodate a couple of 12" Kicker L7s. In the distant future, I am considering finding a used Ecoboost to stuff into it. I always wanted a JL Short block and Whipple, but with gas prices going up I think it would be really cool to drop a peppy V6 in it and continue to be able to use it as a DD. The 03 is much lighter than the 2011s plus I'd drop a bunch by removing the 5.4, so I think I'd be able to get some decent, reliable and fuel efficient performance from the V6 and whatever bolt ons are available in the future. The ultimate sleeper....

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I don't really have much to plug at the moment but I would like to tell everyone to try to buy American products when they are available, even if it costs a bit more. The weak dollar and high fuel costs are making imports less economical so we have a chance to send a message to corporations with our wallets. Hopefully we can bring some jobs back here and get our country back on track! Rant over:-)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice looking truck. Congrats on TOTM.

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Congrats!

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Way to go Mike!

Glad to see another Shamu!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats, very nice truck
    ::

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    congats

NHTOC # 373
    Name: Dick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats on your truck Mike.

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks fellas, if I knew I was going to get picked this month I would have driven South to get Merlin's help with some detailing tips and taken some pics:-).

Fading paint and all it's still a fun ride and I still get comments on it at the gas station (where I spend a lot of time, BTW!)!

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    With an Ebay name of “mikelikesbbq” who is a self proclaimed “BBQ Fanatic”, I know who we are putting in charge of the pit and I will be first in line to sample, eat, and go back for some seconds, thirds, even fourths!!!!
    BTW Oki, I am more of an eater than a cook but I'll do my best. My last BBQ was that big Ostrich in the photos, it was pretty tasty J/K

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats on truck of the month....................

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations Mike!

I see I have a challenger for the BBQ pit now...lets get the fire started...

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to Go!!!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats !!

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Congrads mike

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast