Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New 09 SD

SVT Cajun
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great thanks. Just when I thought I had it narrowed down you give me more options.. hahah

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello,
    Everbody I am new here as well. This looks to be a great forum, with some of the best looking trucks made. Every one of you should be proud of your rigs! I hope to add some great conversation to the board.

Maybe I have some kind of sickness-- My wife catches me in the middle of the night sitting in the garage looking at my truck. I keep telling her it will pass give it a few more weeks. ( only had truck since June)

anyway hello Everybody in NHTOC!

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Brahmus,awesome looking Super duty you got yourself.Good luck on picking out some wheels brother LOL...
    HarleyDoug welcome to the club...I'm sure you are ok haha.Most mornings I have to go outside to stare at my truck,because after about 3 yrs. I still dig it so much,and feel it,all Harley trucks are so Kewl looking...We need some pics now.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the welcome harleyhank!

here is some pics. the middle one is stock the way i brought her home.

now she has a few implants or cosmetic upgrades if you will.

Taken her to the shop tomarrow for a few more goodies!
    Attached Images Attached Images

SVT Cajun
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What wheels are those? Size wheel and tire? I definately need to get on the ball and remove the factory running boards!!! What year is the truck? Are those flames factory?
    2002 L Frame up rebuild!
    2001 Screw 4x4 Silver SVT powered but up for sale
    2009 F250 HD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brahmus,

the truck is a 2010 I have owned it since June Yes on factory ghosting flames, Removed both the factory running boards and wheels and tires.

Amp reasearch power running boards

wheels are Cruiser Alloy Switchblades ( these wheels are amazing, looks soo much better in person) 22"

tires are Nitto grapplers 325 50 R22 I dont have a lift or leveling kit. (although i may add one later), no trimming or cutting i do get a slight rub if i turned sharpe and hit a high grade like a pitched driveway. but i really like the stance of ther truck, i don't think it looks stuffed or to open above the wheel's

Have you picked out your wheels yet?

SVT Cajun
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No luck yet, just can't pick one. But I'm kinda digging those. A little bit of shiney, a little bit of black. I don't dig solid black wheels, and solid Chrome is way to common. I do think I've abandoned the Rockstar ideas. There are to may other good options to go with something everyone already has, and has had for nearly 10 years. I remember in 04 wanting some for my supercrew but they only made 8 lug versions back then.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmus View Post
    No luck yet, just can't pick one. But I'm kinda digging those. A little bit of shiney, a little bit of black. I don't dig solid black wheels, and solid Chrome is way to common. I do think I've abandoned the Rockstar ideas. There are to may other good options to go with something everyone already has, and has had for nearly 10 years. I remember in 04 wanting some for my supercrew but they only made 8 lug versions back then.
    there actually a brushed look not really a chrome. I feel your pain I had a difficult time deciding as well.

as far as I know I am the only one with this wheel on a HD.

Offset was real important to me, I didnt want anything that would stick out to far. I wanted something that flows with the bodystyle. anyway lots and lots of complements so far. like I said my pictures are not real good. cheap camera phone. (look sweet in person)

most people think they are stock wheels-- I am a big fan of spoke wheels.

just dropped truck off at bodyshop to get my new hood painted and installed. cant't wait!!!
    2010 F250 HD #655 dpf delete, H&S tuner, AMP steps,
    Leer 700 lid, CA switchblades 22", nitto 35's, Amber Led front bumper insert. more to come.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    you both have sweet looking rigs...congrats.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDoug View Post
    Hello,
    Everbody I am new here as well. This looks to be a great forum, with some of the best looking trucks made. Every one of you should be proud of your rigs! I hope to add some great conversation to the board.

Maybe I have some kind of sickness-- My wife catches me in the middle of the night sitting in the garage looking at my truck. I keep telling her it will pass give it a few more weeks. ( only had truck since June)

anyway hello Everybody in NHTOC!

Welcome to the NHTOC!

Great looking HD you have there. Love the wheels too! Happy modding.....not so much mudding!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

SVT Cajun
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm really liking these wheels! But i find a few complaints about the chrome finish pitting fast (typical China plating) and poor centercap retaining. Anyone have any input?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, Cayman150 & 2manytrucks! this looks like a great forum with some eye catching rigs!

Brahmus- I like those wheels but what kind of offset do they have? (my biggest fear is rock chips down the side since I dont have those factory boards anymore so I was looking for something that tucks pretty close) are you looking for 22's or sticking with 20's?

I am sure anything you pick will look good,they make the switchblade in a solid chrome as well. ( rim construction on wheels is very nice with alot of attention given to finish)

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ALL Chinese chrome is CRAP. I have had a few sets over the years and they all chip and flake. I have had Weld Dune 8, KMC Venom, KMC Metal and now Greg Weld Designs...all flake.

SVT Cajun
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDoug View Post
    Brahmus- I like those wheels but what kind of offset do they have? (my biggest fear is rock chips down the side since I dont have those factory boards anymore so I was looking for something that tucks pretty close) are you looking for 22's or sticking with 20's?

I am sure anything you pick will look good,they make the switchblade in a solid chrome as well. ( rim construction on wheels is very nice with alot of attention given to finish)
    Probably more than what you were shooting for. But if you look at my silver supercrew in my avatar on first set of pics, you can see I like a wheel that sticks out some. More than that, i like wheel lip! Because my Boyds don't stick out the side of my Lightning but have a serious lip!

I'll probably stick with 20's since these tires are new. Unless I could find someone to buy the entire package. I'd consider 22's. I just need some side wall since i tow a heavy gooseneck fairly often.

I like the switchblades more in black and machined than the chrome. But why copy? haha

Quote Originally Posted by 2manytrucks View Post
    ALL Chinese chrome is CRAP. I have had a few sets over the years and they all chip and flake. I have had Weld Dune 8, KMC Venom, KMC Metal and now Greg Weld Designs...all flake.
    I agree. I got away from polished due to the upkeep, but finding a quality Chrome wheel is hard to do. I was under the impression the Weld, at least when it was owned by Weld was all made in the USA?

Regardless, that Ultra wheel let me to the Weld Velociti 8, that they don't make any more, then ultimately Centerline Eclipse that I'm really considering in the polished finish. At least then I can only blame myself if they start loosing thier shine. I could change up the center cap sticker to add a little HD flair.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn! thats a sweeeet f150..those wheels are bad looking, I like that alot!

red calibers too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast