Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: September 2011, Jack "HiTechRecneck" Duncan #703

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts

September 2011, Jack "HiTechRecneck" Duncan #703

This month’s winner comes to us from the lone star state of Texas. I know it has been said before, but as always, another real car guy who has been through too many to even attempt to mention so we will stick to what we all came here to see. Having had his first HD in 02, a DSG #2964, but as he says “life & gas got in the way, so she had to go.” We are very glad to see that he has come back to the fold and is now accepting the honor of being this month’s TOTM.

A big thank you goes out to this month’s winner for doing us all a great service, by serving our country in the Air Force as a EOD troop…dropping lots of things, but too bad they didn’t go boom. Unless of course you’re talking about things after a big meal of some of his Texas BBQ. During his service, being overseas gave him the opportunity to put some money aside to enjoy some muscle cars upon his return…to bad when he did return “it was time for muscle cars to die and gas was rationed”, but this wouldn’t stop him.

After all that has been said and done, we truly do welcome this month’s winner back into the fold/community that we call Harley F150 owners. It is one thing to be part of such a special club, but to be selected and recognized as being the next TOTM will be sure to keep this Old School guy going for years to come and celebrate his 3rd 50th b-day.

So, with that being said let me be the first to congratulate our September 2011 TOTM winner, member #703, Jack “HiTechRecneck” Duncan and his 2002 Black Harley F150 build #10050.

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

Simple – it’s a Blown 4 door truck!

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

Let’s see – I watch Mecum and CRY! I’ve had a 62, 63 & 69 Vette. A 68 Roadrunner with Hemi & 4 speed. A 70 AAR Cuda. A 1965 Plymouth A990 clone, the Falcon and way too many 55 & 57 Chevy’s to count.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

Belltech suspension was the first mod since the truck had been lowered with a gas powered hammer – and stock bump stops! Punisher, 4X4 pan & Royal Purple fluid (working fine), JVC HU and Amp with HD & Sat radio, BU camera & Polk speakers. Blackwood dash kit to cover the hole in the steering wheel surround left from a boost gauge that you could only see when turning, Harwood hood (hail storm) & ARE bed cover.

Then on to C&L elbow with LFP cai, Bassani cat back and recently efan, 6Lb and tune by JJ@WMS – more to come, but now we also have the GT500!

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

Old School – you can tell because the HD has STC - I’m also told that I am a great BBQ chef with a BIG smoker out back. HiTechRedneck means I have played with computers & IT since the 80’s but I now work for a GPS tracking company in Oklahoma.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

It was really great for me to be able to draw from other’s experience on these trucks after being away for so long. I used to do all the machine work, engine assembly and all, but things have changed just a little. What the hell do you mean these engines have more than one camshaft?????? Many, Many thanks to the All Knowing Ones for sharing information!!!!

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

Hard to say – maybe a little more activity and more emphasis on organized GTG’s

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

My screen name here in 02 was my nickname – HiTechRedneck. When I got the new truck and tried to log in again I MISSPELLED it.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

Probably not a lot now since it’s a DD. Next will be LT’s with hi flow cats and small stuff as it evolves. We have the red car to play serious with and it’s got a 6 speed. I found out I can still pull that lever with the gas pedal on the floor!

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I’m old and probably have rambled on enough – but if I’m as old as I think I am, I just turned 50 (again)

NHTOC # 373
    Name: Dick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats, on winning TOTM. Great looking truck you have there!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

congrats

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Sweet Truck.
    Way to go!

HiTech Redneck
    Name: Jack

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Guys!!
    And thanks for the wisdom on shiney Merlin!!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Congrat's.... Nice ride bro'. Digging the hood. Love to try some of that BBQ!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Congrats! Great looking set of rides there!

HiTech Redneck

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks - the Pro Stock Camaro was my wildest. Built everything on it from the ground up. 10.23 in 1972 was fast and no automagic trans either!

Old Supporting Vendor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Laugh

Congrats! Nice Ride!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats!!!

Name: Ulisses

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!!! Awesome truck btw, just lose the headlights lol jk

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats on TOTM. Truck looks AWESOME.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    CONGRATS Jack! Your truck looks great!~but that COBRA is schweet!!! Willy
    usflgwav

2002 DSG #2788
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations on TOTM Jack. I enjoyed visiting with you a couple of weeks ago when I picked up the elbow from you. The truck is looking good in those picks. Keep up the good work!

2002 DSG #2788

Mfg:4/02 by UAW 249@ KC Missouri plant

HiTech Redneck

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Steve.
    Now that the weather is cooling off a little we should see if we can plan a GTG - now that I'm not ashamed to let anyone see my truck.
    We could do a Saturday AM GTG in downtown Prosper - breakfast at the Cotton Gin is $4.29. We could take over the town!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast