Thread: 600/600 Club now!!!

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts

600/600 Club now!!!

Jason (FLAHP) and I went to a local dyno day at a new shop that opened up around here...I did put down the highest HP #'s of the day for everyone that was there, but have to give it up to him for getting the highest torque with 591

‎558/588 on a mustang dyno...from what I understand a mustang dyno is 5-15% lower than a dyno jet...so dyno jet #'s would be 586-641hp/617-676. So take take the middle (10%) and say 613/647. Previous run on a dyno jet was 588/641, so I would say that is right on considering ambient temp was cooler today then the previous run.

So you all do the math for Jason's HD as he made 523/591 (If I remember correctly), that would put him in the 500/600. So take the middle at 10% loss and say he is 575/650.

Not too bad for one harley truck with a Tow Tune (FLAHP's) and the other with just the break in tune still on it (Ours)

Once I get the graph emailed, I guess this will allow me to officially be in the 600/600 club instead of the 500/600 club.

Oh yea...these numbers were put down on my truck on the 22's

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Name: mike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow nice numbers

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome man You need to up the boost and have an E85 race tune and enter the 700/700!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What will yours run in the quarter do you know?

Sport90's #1

Quote Originally Posted by SCBQQSTN View Post
    Awesome man You need to up the boost and have an E85 race tune and enter the 700/700!
    It has been a thought to throw a Kill tune at her to see what she will do...worried about the tranny though...its still the stock with only a FTVB & 4X4 pan. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by blaizinram View Post
    What will yours run in the quarter do you know?
    Best so far is with full weight...all 4 seats, stereo, full tank of gas, hard tonneau, etc... and we did a 12.34 @ 113 with 1.83 60 foot...still on the stock stall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Sick number men ok if am putting 411hp in a mustang dyno how much it will be in a dyno jet so which one is telling the rigth power OKY
    Last edited by Alcobi007; 09-07-2011 at 12:32 AM.

RWHP-500-RWTQ-590 STOCK BLOCK. street tune

Sport90's #1

Quote Originally Posted by Alcobi007 View Post
    Sick number men ok if am putting 411hp in a mustang dyno how much it will be in a dyno jet so which one is telling the rigth power OKY
    This is a long standing conversation as it depends on if the mustang dyno is calibrated correctly with load and all. Many mustang dyno's are not so you will see a 5-15% loss when running on a mustang dyno with our trucks.

The dyno I ran on, was not calibrated for the truck.

So if the one you ran on wasn't, then you could expect to see dyno numbers of 431hp - 472hp on a dyno jet. If it was calibrated for the truck, then your numbers are spot on.

I was told it wasn't calibrated so to expect lower numbers then what I saw before on a dyno jet when it was hotter outside, so I did the math at a 10% loss and you can see that my numbers are almost the same, but with a gain in HP & very slight in TQ from before as expected due to lower ambient temps (79* vs 92*).

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thx oky for the inf.. Am planing to star saving my $$ so maybe I can go biuld down the road. How much $$ do I need to have a monster engine like your.

Name: WILL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oki......., a while back we were corresponding, and the last line of your email was "once you drive my truck, you won't like yours anymore!"

I can't get it out of my head. I am officially a HATER!! You make me sick!!

Congrats on the #s, anyway.

Sport90's #1

Quote Originally Posted by Alcobi007 View Post
    Thx oky for the inf.. Am planing to star saving my $$ so maybe I can go biuld down the road. How much $$ do I need to have a monster engine like your.
    Start saving and be ready to spend a pretty penny as it can get expensive depending upon what you want to do. I will send you a PM to talk about this further.

Quote Originally Posted by CHYLL View Post
    Oki......., a while back we were corresponding, and the last line of your email was "once you drive my truck, you won't like yours anymore!"

I can't get it out of my head. I am officially a HATER!! You make me sick!!

Congrats on the #s, anyway.
    LOL...yea man, I recall that. That line actually came from a time when it was said to me and I had the same reaction (all in fun of course).

Buddy of mine had done a short block build on his truck and I had just gotten done doing the bolt on route putting down 426/514 to the rear and was so happy about it. Well we went out for some fun and he left me behind like I was standing still!!! Then I drove the truck and felt the power it had and became a hater myelf.

Harley Newb
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    those are awesome numbers. i want to get my truck in the 12s one day. are the clubs 500/500 600/600 etc. RWHP ? if so the numbers you put down on the mustang dyno is your true RWHP. that's if it is set up right. there is no correction factor unless you are looking for flywheel hp. Dynojet numbers are all ways higher since the drums only weigh 3000lbs and the mustang dyno is told what your truck weighs and the drums are slowed down to simulate actual driving down the road.

Sport90's #1

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@STP View Post
    those are awesome numbers. i want to get my truck in the 12s one day. are the clubs 500/500 600/600 etc. RWHP ? if so the numbers you put down on the mustang dyno is your true RWHP. that's if it is set up right. there is no correction factor unless you are looking for flywheel hp. Dynojet numbers are all ways higher since the drums only weigh 3000lbs and the mustang dyno is told what your truck weighs and the drums are slowed down to simulate actual driving down the road.
    Yes...clubs are RWHP.

Like you said "if it is set up right". This dyno was not calibrated for weight of truck (load) hence the need to do the calculation. I asked before we mad the runs and the owner of the shop said "no, its not calibrated properly for your truck so you will need to do the calculations."

Main thing though, is dyno numbers are good for some bragging...but what I am going to run at STS this year is going to be the real test!!! 11's here I come!!!