Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IPT(Stifflers) X-Brace

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    In reality, to get the most "lift" at the track, you would want the front in the uppermost mounting location and the rear in the bottom location. This is coming from Brian himself. And I suppose you can have faith in someone who worked as a design engineer for KYB Suspension and Torque Engineering, and as a technical director at Speedway Engine Development (Indycars).

Can't tell in the pic, but the rear bracket is not mounted under the spring perch. This was done to get the bars in a straight line with the frame. The rear brackets were tested to 4,000ft# of torque each. Should handle anything out there...lol. Steve Martin, who just won the NMRA Detroit Locker Truck and Lightning Championship for 2011, runs the x-brace under his truck. He picked up a set of long bars at the Joliet NMRA race to install over the winter. THAT'S how nice they are.
    Last edited by junioRace; 10-06-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junioRace View Post
    In reality, to get the most "lift" at the track, you would want the front in the uppermost mounting location and the rear in the bottom location. This is coming from Brian himself. And I suppose you can have faith in someone who worked as a design engineer for KYB Suspension and Torque Engineering, and as a technical director at Speedway Engine Development (Indycars).

Can't tell in the pic, but the rear bracket is not mounted under the spring perch. This was done to get the bars in a straight line with the frame. The rear brackets were tested to 4,000ft# of torque each. Should handle anything out there...lol. Steve Martin, who just won the NMRA Detroit Locker Truck and Lightning Championship for 2011, runs the x-brace under his truck. He picked up a set of long bars at the Joliet NMRA race to install over the winter. THAT'S how nice they are.
    In the pic they were all the way down, I see for track what you said , what about street use, dd etc does it really matter?
    JLP COMP-R, LFPVB, 6# Lower 2.93 Upper
    Hotchkis TVS, Polished C&L plenum & elbow, SBTB, JLP intake

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spy98der1 View Post
    In the pic they were all the way down, I see for track what you said , what about street use, dd etc does it really matter?
    What I failed to mention is that the holes help adjust for any variability that may exist in some exhaust systems, etc. By adjusting the location of the bars, helps you get around that. Make sense? Really just want them inclined as much as possible..to help with lift.

Here's a pic of the passenger side bar to give you an idea. This was the very early design without the adjustables holes.

DSC04550.jpg

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SCBQQSTN View Post
    Love the X-brace on my truck, handles like its on rails
    If Stifflers just came out with this one, what brand is yours?

Name: Mat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    His is on a lightning. They have had the Lightning Version out for a bit now. Just changed the rear bars a bit and few other refinements for good fit with exhaust. I was one of the first in line to get a set then it took me a couple weeks to get it on. Was having fuel pump issues so dropped the tank like 5 times before I finally got issue fixed and bars installed.
    Tooned by Me, Cogged Kenne Bell 2.3, 4-Link on Coilovers, Pan Hard Bar, Hitman Intake W/Slot MAF and Big O, JLP Plenum, 97 Rails, Jabsco Pump and KC, Dual Aeroforce W/Analogic, LFP Valve Body, Hellwig Sways, LT's W/Bassani CB, X-Brace, Hydroboost with SSBC Brakes

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mdan575 View Post
    His is on a lightning. They have had the Lightning Version out for a bit now. Just changed the rear bars a bit and few other refinements for good fit with exhaust. I was one of the first in line to get a set then it took me a couple weeks to get it on. Was having fuel pump issues so dropped the tank like 5 times before I finally got issue fixed and bars installed.
    Damn I could of swore Mark's (SCBQQSTN) truck was an HD. At least it was the last time I saw him. Did he sell it and get an L now?

Name: Mat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    Damn I could of swore Mark's (SCBQQSTN) truck was an HD. At least it was the last time I saw him. Did he sell it and get an L now?
    My bad thought you were talking about junioRace truck not SCBQQSTN

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Stifflers x brace

will this work with a 2003 HD with Bassani Lightning side exhaust?? Just emailed ole Stifflers, yes they say the x brace will work on our HD trucks with the side exhaust, just FYI.
    Last edited by 3653 Owner; 10-14-2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2