Stifflers Automotive and Suspension Products - 1999 to 2004 HARLEY DAVIDSON

Ok so finally I can post up a review of the Stifflers X-Brace. Sorry I couldn't earlier I was having fuel issues and didn't fully get the Brace bolted into place till last Friday night(11:30PM) before going to VMP. I now have some time driving around with the brace fully bolted on. I will get pictures up this weekend of the final install.

#1 Easy install it really is an easy bolt on solution. Keep everything loose till the end and then I did finally tightening with my impact. I only had to drill 2 bolt holes and one was because of the way my truck is customized. The other is the passenger side rear attachment point. My truck did not have a hole in the frame for it. Not a problem drilled the hole lifes all good.

#1A The Hardware is really well thought out and nice. Most places would have dropped some grade 8 hardware in a bag and called it at that. It included wave washers for frame connection points. They welded a 1/8" square plate to the nuts that attach the brace to the frame for more surface area. In many ways the kit is not just built but over built IMO which is always nice to see.

#2 Integrated Drive Shaft Loop: Get it nuff said totally worth it. Perfect bolt on fit. You need the safety.

#3 I had the B&M tranny pan which I took off and installed standard with drain plug. But really compared to the B&M pan I was expecting to lose some ground clearance. But it is just about the same or gave me a little bit.

#4 Our frame really is a wet noodle. I really didn't think anything so simple could so dramatically change the ride. I could always feel the truck flex because my drive way is on an incline and one wheel goes up first. I expected to feel it there. But the over all ride of the truck feels more solid. The flex I used to feel is totally gone. No doubt in my mind a setup I had always heard about from L owners(Kenny Brown Style). But to finally install one on my truck it is a night and day difference.