Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IPT(Stifflers) X-Brace

Name: Mat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

IPT(Stifflers) X-Brace

Stifflers Automotive and Suspension Products - 1999 to 2004 HARLEY DAVIDSON

Ok so finally I can post up a review of the Stifflers X-Brace. Sorry I couldn't earlier I was having fuel issues and didn't fully get the Brace bolted into place till last Friday night(11:30PM) before going to VMP. I now have some time driving around with the brace fully bolted on. I will get pictures up this weekend of the final install.

#1 Easy install it really is an easy bolt on solution. Keep everything loose till the end and then I did finally tightening with my impact. I only had to drill 2 bolt holes and one was because of the way my truck is customized. The other is the passenger side rear attachment point. My truck did not have a hole in the frame for it. Not a problem drilled the hole lifes all good.

#1A The Hardware is really well thought out and nice. Most places would have dropped some grade 8 hardware in a bag and called it at that. It included wave washers for frame connection points. They welded a 1/8" square plate to the nuts that attach the brace to the frame for more surface area. In many ways the kit is not just built but over built IMO which is always nice to see.

#2 Integrated Drive Shaft Loop: Get it nuff said totally worth it. Perfect bolt on fit. You need the safety.

#3 I had the B&M tranny pan which I took off and installed standard with drain plug. But really compared to the B&M pan I was expecting to lose some ground clearance. But it is just about the same or gave me a little bit.

#4 Our frame really is a wet noodle. I really didn't think anything so simple could so dramatically change the ride. I could always feel the truck flex because my drive way is on an incline and one wheel goes up first. I expected to feel it there. But the over all ride of the truck feels more solid. The flex I used to feel is totally gone. No doubt in my mind a setup I had always heard about from L owners(Kenny Brown Style). But to finally install one on my truck it is a night and day difference.
    Tooned by Me, Cogged Kenne Bell 2.3, 4-Link on Coilovers, Pan Hard Bar, Hitman Intake W/Slot MAF and Big O, JLP Plenum, 97 Rails, Jabsco Pump and KC, Dual Aeroforce W/Analogic, LFP Valve Body, Hellwig Sways, LT's W/Bassani CB, X-Brace, Hydroboost with SSBC Brakes

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have one of those sitting here at my shop for a customer. 03 lightning

Thanks for the review,we were wondering if its worth it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Ok my question is? ist possible to install one of those in my truck even if I have tra. Bars or the tra. Bars will be a issue?

Name: Mat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am not really sure. I know they would be happy to answer that if you call and ask. They were very good to deal with and called me back a few days later when I forgot to tell them what color brake lines I wanted. I had a few places in the past just ship the first color they grabbed instead of taking 5 min to call me. I appreciated that alot.

The whole setup they sell integrates DS Loop, Traction Bars, and X-Brace together. But that is the complete Stifflers setup. Personally if I still had my old setup I would have sold my JLP Bars to get the whole Stifflers setup.

For my current setup I got the X-Brace, Loop and the upgraded brake lines they sell. The setup has only been out for about a month now or so. Far as I know c_bo truck was the one used for the prototype just before he got it from Speedin_bob.

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alcobi,

The brace will not work with other vendors long bar setups. I had JLP lift bars and it caused issues so we removed the bars and front brackets while I tested the X-brace then reinstalled them once the brace was removed.

Stifflers makes THE nicest long bar style traction bars out there, PERIOD. They integrate with their X-brace, are adjustable, etc.

Bob

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Love the X-brace on my truck, handles like its on rails

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    thx guys for the inf

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any clearance issue with having a 4x4 pan with the X brace setup?

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    So long story short don't buy the jlp trac bars next week , get the xbrace and their trac bars? And spend about the same? Haha
    JLP COMP-R, LFPVB, 6# Lower 2.93 Upper
    Hotchkis TVS, Polished C&L plenum & elbow, SBTB, JLP intake

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spy98der1 View Post
    So long story short don't buy the jlp trac bars next week , get the xbrace and their trac bars? And spend about the same? Haha
    Yes spy98der. I thought i told you this already! lol. I have the JLP trac bars on my truck wanna buy them! The set up to have is the x brace and traction bars from stifflers. Same money. Jlp bars wont work with the Xbrace to have both the only way is to go with both brace and bars from stifflers.

Bob HIGHLY recommends the x brace and bars from stifflers. I don't think your going to be disappointed.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Time for a GP!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 04mysticobra View Post
    Any clearance issue with having a 4x4 pan with the X brace setup?
    Nope, the 4x4 pan works just fine.

My L was used as the prototype truck for when the long bars were designed. It was also discovered that my C/E drive shaft loop that I had at the time would not work with the Stiffler x-brace. So..they came up with a solution and integrated the d/s loop into the x-brace. The Stiffler stuff is TOP NOTCH. Here's a couple pics from my L.

Long bar driver side.jpg

DSC04481.jpg

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    That looks killer

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Man does it for real...

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junioRace View Post
    Nope, the 4x4 pan works just fine.

My L was used as the prototype truck for when the long bars were designed. It was also discovered that my C/E drive shaft loop that I had at the time would not work with the Stiffler x-brace. So..they came up with a solution and integrated the d/s loop into the x-brace. The Stiffler stuff is TOP NOTCH. Here's a couple pics from my L.

Long bar driver side.jpg

DSC04481.jpg
    My question is , they say there's 6 setting on the long bars depending on driving style , but dosnt go into detail .... I do like how you have yours right now all the way down

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast