Thread: CRASH! Need a rear bumper

2002 DSG #2788
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

CRASH! Need a rear bumper

Long story short...i was backing out of my apt. and CRASH!!! A Taurus pushed me sideways 5 feet! Barely caught my right rear bumper, cracked the bed between tail light and tail gate, scuffed my Lightning tail light. I have two more sets of lights so no biggie. The bed will have to be done at a body shop but if anybody has a supercrew bumper in good shape with no dents or barely noticeable small ones, I am interested. It would be awesome if i could find a DSG one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an awesome Ford OEM HD screw cover that fits like a glove and has the HD logo at the front of the hood and a license plate window in the rear that I might consider trading for a good bumper.
    2002 DSG #2788

Mfg:4/02 by UAW 249@ KC Missouri plant

2002 DSG #2788
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bump!

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Sorry to hear of this. Hope you get it fixed up soon.

I would help, but I already hooked you up with a rear bumper.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Shoot a PM to my Dad...Sport90. He got rear ended yesterday but said it was only very minor damage. Going to take it to the body shop to see what they say about repairing or replacing...if they replace, maybe he can keep his old and help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Just heard from my dad and he said that insurance is going to replace the bumper for him.

I saw on lrooder TPR said you could have his, but I thougt his was black & not dsg. Anyways...my dad is in VA so shipping should (hopefully) would be less from VA then NJ.

Of course, if TPR can get you his sooner/you all work something out...just let me & my dad now.

Name: David

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    try these guys, old old friends of mine,

NORTH TEXAS FACTORY TAKE-OFFS INC
    800 W HURST BLVD
    HURST, TX 76053-7502
    (817) 589-8874

call and ask for Danny or Darren, if they are around and tell them BigDave from Rising Star told you to call and see if they can't hook you up
    they usually get 125 for a clean take-off, as new, but if they have something available that will help you out then tell them I said how about 75 buck cash no tax.......honestly, send me an e-mail if more info needed, they are good guys and in the past we did mucho business together, they helped me restart after some serious life deals years ago and always treat folks right, or have me and my friends anyways.......good luck
    !if they can't help you ask them to check around theres 5-6 guys around the area who deal in these parts and they all know and work with each other, maybe they can bird-dog ya one up. That will save a bunch on shipping and such.
    Last edited by TMOY2000; 09-30-2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling,,,,,,duh me!

2002 DSG #2788
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Big Dave, thanks for the advice.I used to live on Highway 10 and remember doing business with those guys about 20 years ago. I did not think to call them. If my other possibillities fall through then I will look them up.