Thread: Stereo Time

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Laugh Stereo Time

O.K. guys it's time for a new stereo and four new speakers, what should i look at? Remember i am old (45) not to loud.

600HP02
    Name:

Pioneer makes a great speaker IMO....I use the Pioneer Premier door speakers and a Pioneer HU with 6.5 inch screen and DVD.. I dont go for loud just clear and nice when watching a movie as I rip down the track!!!

600HP02
    Name:

BTW: I am selling my TV/DVD if you are interested.....

Cam Slammin
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd just ordered 2 sets of Focal components, They're the best sounding components I've ever heard. They blow all the domestic speaker companies out the water. I bought them from wooferetc.com Part # 165KP & 136KP I'm using 2 JL 300/2 amps to power them. Then I bought the JL sub Box with a JL 250/1 amp to power that....good luck

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey 600 can you give some more info on what your selling i.e brand and price

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it better to buy lost of diff ams for seperate things like speakers and subs or is it good to buy one big one since i only have one sub?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK speaker upgrades 101

1.) Trust your ears... hear what you hear not what they tell you to hear

2.) Take your own music with you... their music should should great on their speakers huh?
    you
    3.) SET A BUDGET... a $1,000 set of Focals or MB Quarts will sound awesome... duh! listen to speaker sets in your price range ... DO NOT factor instalation into your budget... get the most you can for your music budget... labor is labor..

4.) DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON REAR DOOR SPEAKERS.. a basic coax or 4" & tweeter component set that matches your frot stage is more than enough for the rear doors... screw the rear seat passengers unless you are building a true "theatre" type sound... then the budget is out the wimdow

5.) Cosmetics are important... do not ignore that a speaker will look ugly in your truck... Either factor in installation labor to hide speakers that sound awesome but are not in the "theme" of your interior... sounds silly but it will drive you nuts if the look takes away from a $40K truck..

6.) Do not factor sub-bass into your mid/high buying decison... the sub is the sub that's a different purchase.. If the Mids/highs are not fulfilling the rest will not be either

I got side tracked with a phone call... lost my train of though.. more later.

Rob

Former Owner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good advice. I went with Diamond Audio through out with all Rosen screens (they are the sharpest I found). To answer the AMP question it all depends on if you want to conserve space and how much power you need. I had to get two amps because I am pushing 1200 watts total. Very clear and awesome viewing even in daylight.

Still Around...
    Name: Ron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can't go wrong with Focals or the Diamond Audio for mids/highs....

If you want to keep it simply,what I mean is one amp I like the JL 500/5

Click Signature Pic For Gallery...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Which Focal Series do you recommend? I know they now have the

Access
    Poly####
    and then theres the real expensive ones(Ultimate?)<<Out of price range.

Looking for some good components for the front doors.

Thanks.