Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rear Door Subs

Name: Mat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rear Door Subs

Ok guys I need your help. A good time ago I came across a thread I am almost sure was here on NHTOC. The guy had installed Subwoofers in his 2 rear doors of his 02-03 HD. Now I can't find the thread for the life of me. Included pics and everything. Throw me a bone hear guys.
    Tooned by Me, Cogged Kenne Bell 2.3, 4-Link on Coilovers, Pan Hard Bar, Hitman Intake W/Slot MAF and Big O, JLP Plenum, 97 Rails, Jabsco Pump and KC, Dual Aeroforce W/Analogic, LFP Valve Body, Hellwig Sways, LT's W/Bassani CB, X-Brace, Hydroboost with SSBC Brakes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So nobody knows what I am talking about?

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    aparently not.

do you know anything about F/G ( fiberglass) shaping?

thats what i will consist of.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I remember he basically created a conformed ring to level the area for the sub install. I know with a bit of foam shaving I can manipulate the shape until I flat surface and a basic design. Then mold something off that. But having some pics would make things alot easier.

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i agree 100% on that lol.

worse case go to junk yard find the rear door pannels off a door and come up with some one of a kind doors. ever thaught of doin a mold of the rear centerconcole? where the little storage pocket is mold out a full box outa foam and mold a 10in sub then wrap in F/G shape it up. make it strong then have it leather wraped. i think that would look cool

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rear Center console is out gets used to often. So like I did with Blackwood Sub I have found acceptable alternatives that work for me. BUT I am never content to just leave well enough alone. Always tinkering and I have an idea that I think would be cool.

Anyone who has had there interior apart I am sure noticed speaker pockets at the back of the cab. Same comparable place as in the Lightnings. I was thinking move my plates to those pockets and install a set of subs in the door. I will have to do a bit more research I have seen it done before I know it can be done again.

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lemme know if ya need any advice on f/g shaping or tricks man. im good at that keep us posted on the work.
    with pics

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You probably aren't interested, but you can fit 6.5" powered bazooka tubes under each of the rear seats.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02maddness View Post
    lemme know if ya need any advice on f/g shaping or tricks man. im good at that keep us posted on the work.
    with pics
    Thinking Winter project. From what I hear Virginia gets winter so will prob set alot. So I have 1.5 Rolls of Rattle Trap to finish installing in the truck. While I got stuff apart for sound proofing I'll have to see what I can do. I am a big fan of stealth and design. So with the Blackwood Sub and Subs in the doors I think it should be pretty neat. Certainly be interesting.

Old Supporting Vendor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There's barely enough room to upgrade the factory speakers lol...but once you start talking fiberglass and leather kick panels, well just about any good 10" sub can fit.

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe50 View Post
    You probably aren't interested, but you can fit 6.5" powered bazooka tubes under each of the rear seats.
    Too funny ....I was just thinking about that las night...good info

Name: David

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not a great idea to put subs inside doors, just saying, if you run them up db wise they just will rattle way too many things loose, lol. There are so many alternatives anymore, from console mounts to just installing thin mounts behind the seats, I saw on deal a guy rigged where he had built a cabinet that just went from the front of the rear console to the back of the froint, cut it low, black carpet, just made from 3/4 plywood but he actually had seperated the cabinet to isolate the 2 12inch subs that faced towards the doors..and the top would come off showing his amp (5 chnnel) and his nice line driver. He had just run a plug he bought off e-bay that spliced the stock head wires without cutting, then ran the speaker wires back and forth, in other words, he ran 4 sets of speaker wires, right and left towards amp, the other set back towards radio head, This way he could just run his 0 guage power line from battery, his ground thru floor to chassis and one super clean install!
    He could just unhook the power and ground wires, the speaker wires unhooked and bridged and put the truck back to total stock looking and sounding in two minutes or less, but that thing rocked hard.JL audio componants.

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe50 View Post
    This is the way I was thinking of going.

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You can install a set of Kicker or similar low profile woofers in the front doors using spacer rings. I've not heard of anyone trying that in a rear door, the depth is just too shallow.

I have a set of older Kicker 8's in my doors and they sound good. They aren't booming or super deep, but they play loud and have a decent bottom end. I've been eyeing some higher excursion ones on Ebay (see link below) that would probably kick a lot harder. Mine are midbass and will bottom out, the CVT8's appear to be real subs.

2) KICKER 10CVT8-4 CVT 8" SHALLOW CAR SUBWOOFERS CVT8-4 | eBay

In reality, the 6" Bazookas would likely hit harder than the door speakers due to limited "box" size, air leaks and the solid part of the door panel grill partially covering the left speaker. Both together would probably sound very nice!

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Do a search by username for "Jvillesfinest" Allen did some crazy stereo stuff with his truck and if it was anyone, I would think it was him. He still lurkes on the boards here and there after selling his truck so a PM to him might work also.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast