Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: supercharger

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the 2010 one wont fit. diffrent blower and mounting. thats for a DOHC not a SOHC. your motor is a SOHC. the heads and intake are diffrent.

and TALK TO HARLEY#356 hes to guy to pic his brain. he holds the record for fastest street drivin HD

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Welcome to the site. Sit back grab a six pack, or several, and do some reading on here. You'll learn a lot pretty quick and help narrow down the questions you'll need to ask

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks guys, i have decided to go with a twisted wedge stage 2 head, 8:1 compression and a vortec sc..... i told the guys where i ordered it from what mods i had, they said that what i have and the addition of a sc with minimal lbs of boost, i should be up around 500 hp, as long as the crank holds up!!!!!, ??????......... lol...now i have seen mustangs with a stock block "302" hold up to 500 but like i said im new to the mod motor........ i could build a short block that with the mods i have and a built motor, there are sayn i could dump a **** ton of boost and it would be crazy but thats not what i want, im not tryn to build a 1000 hp race truck, im wanting to have a slick truck that has some throttle when you want it......... all feed back is welcome.... thanks guys

2002 DSG #2788
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mark, where do you live? We have an active bunch of local guys on here. We have get togethers and go to cars and coffee in Plano too. I am in Corinth, near Denton. Several guys from Ft. Worth, Oak Cliff, Mansfield, Dallas, etc.
    2002 DSG #2788

Mfg:4/02 by UAW 249@ KC Missouri plant

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markpatterson View Post
    thanks guys, i have decided to go with a twisted wedge stage 2 head, 8:1 compression and a vortec sc..... i told the guys where i ordered it from what mods i had, they said that what i have and the addition of a sc with minimal lbs of boost, i should be up around 500 hp, as long as the crank holds up!!!!!, ??????......... lol...now i have seen mustangs with a stock block "302" hold up to 500 but like i said im new to the mod motor........ i could build a short block that with the mods i have and a built motor, there are sayn i could dump a **** ton of boost and it would be crazy but thats not what i want, im not tryn to build a 1000 hp race truck, im wanting to have a slick truck that has some throttle when you want it......... all feed back is welcome.... thanks guys
    As long as the crank holds up?!?

I am not 100% sure on what came in the 2000 model, but I know in my 2003 the crank is the forged crank...same one you get from the Ford Racing Catolog.

Now my stock one got chewed to crap when I blew the stock motor up, but I ordered the replacement from Ford Racing and am pushing 614/644 to the rear wheels on 93 right now...just to give you an idea of what that crank can easily hold if that is the one you have.

Other trucks, specifically a buddy's old silver L was in the 800/800 club using his stock crank.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i live all the way up in the panhandle, about 6 hrs from dallas area....... yeah im not for sure about the crank thats in the truck, i also found out that the hp stats that were quoted to me were just on the motor, without the supercharger....... so im not for sure what or which road im going to take.......lol...... let the fun begin guys.....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markpatterson View Post
    i live all the way up in the panhandle, about 6 hrs from dallas area....... yeah im not for sure about the crank thats in the truck, i also found out that the hp stats that were quoted to me were just on the motor, without the supercharger....... so im not for sure what or which road im going to take.......lol...... let the fun begin guys.....
    Hey Mark, I know it's yesterdays news but I'm sorry for being a smartass earlier lol. Welcome to the club and hopefully you can come out a gtg soon!

Good luck on your build, this site is full of great people that are willing to help you out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2