Thread: New Member with questions

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Member with questions

I would like to start off with " I"m so new to the F150 thing that the Mom And Dad of me hasn't even done the deed to get me here !" new. My name is Mike from Arizona. Your typical average balding , getting fat, enjoying the wife(alot) and kids... watching the kids grow up and being involved Dad thing. Anyway I heard that this web site and forum was THE one to go to for help. I'm in the process of acquiring an "01 F150 super crew 4 door with no engine and was wondering what the possibilities of putting the next gen intake with supercharger on the '01 top end...??? or what combination's or tricks there are to get one gen to work on another. And in one of the other threads somebody mentioned midget strippers or something like that...

Name: Ulisses

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome to nhtoc. I'm sure you'll find the info here from all the smart guys lol

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    WELCOME to NHTOC!

Quote Originally Posted by frdee View Post
    ...And in one of the other threads somebody mentioned midget strippers or something like that...
    I have no idea what your talking about???

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks ya'll, I'm hoooommme...!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And I got it backwords ! I'ts a gen 2 '04 supercharger and intake hopefully going onto a gen 1 '01 5.4...can ya'll point me in the right direction. I'll look at that great pic while I'm waiting.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    You are probably going to want to get the SC setup from the 02-03 HD or Lightning trucks to fit that 01 5.4 If it will even match right up...back of my head, thinks it should but not 100% sure. See what others say.

As for the 04+ SC for the 5.4, that may not fit due to changes that were made (if any)...plus those trucks with that combination are not known for their power/speed cabability...it was more like a add on to get more money without a lot of power.

I am sure others will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I assume the SC assembly came from an '04 Lightning? If so, no problem. I strongly suggest you contact Mike (Mad) who is an SV here that has helped many with this very issue.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    I assume the SC assembly came from an '04 Lightning? If so, no problem. I strongly suggest you contact Mike (Mad) who is an SV here that has helped many with this very issue.
    +1...always forget that the L's were made through 2004

Name: David

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    buy a complete s/c engine with wiring and pc/harness, and tranny,or spend forever trying to build one. Unless you've got another engine already..then put it back stock and get an aftermarket kit for that, but it just wont be the same. After buying the intercoolers set-up, and on and on with the smae parts one can buy a H/D truck cheaper I'd imagine than building one, unless you find a wrecked on and can salvage everything. Prices are coming down some, but I have seen full totals going for 6-7k, way more than I'd pay.and unfixable(not monitarily feasable to fix, anything can be "fixed") which tells me there going to be taking a reg f-150 and cloning it into an H/D truck.look close there are 2-3 of these trucks on e-bay at any given time.good luck
    5.4 c/s engine'
    correct tranmission/with elctronice to amke work
    373 posi rear end
    lowered springs, different sway bars(s)
    h/d interior
    h/d rims with tires
    that can easliy hit one ten-k to gather up,,let alone labor and hearaches
    Buying a well/owned H/D truck, priceless, just ask around

Former Owner of 03 #8186
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Or buy an ecoboost engine and Turbo it

2003 Black #08186

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ecoboost engines are turbo.

anyway, lots of us on here have done the N/A to S/C conversion. It's pretty easy and the parts aren't too hard to find used. Lots of us have them sitting in the garage collecting dust.

Mike Dunn from Mad Enterprise will become your best friend, he's done more conversions than you could count and sells all the parts needed.