This month’s winner comes to us from none other than Big D’s old stomping grounds of Illinois and has been with the NHTOC since September 2005. Having spent many a winter in the Midwest, this month’s winner may be contemplating a permanent trip to Florida to hang out in the sun with the Florida crew sometime in the future. A self proclaimed 60 year old hippy that has learned a lot over the years, but who apparently hasn’t yet learned the subtle art of posting with only 110 total posts as of this write up! Must have been all those years he spent in a Van spreading that flower power with the “shag” carpet & the big bed in the back. Even with this extensive Van time, this month’s winner still got his start with some real American muscle back in the day, but did eventually trade it in…yea, you guessed it…for a van.

Even though he is not an avid poster…avid poster?!?, what am I saying?…we’re talking 110 posts over 6 years and 2 months!! That’s an average of 0.05 posts per day!! Guess this gives a whole new meaning to, “it’s not the amount of posts you have but the quality of posts.” Well, this month’s winner definitely does give a whole new meaning to saying only what needs to be said, so listen up close as he is spreading some real wisdom here.

All kidding aside, we are very honored to have this month’s winner as our last TOTM of 2011 and want to thank him for his long service protecting those in need as a Firefighter. I am sure that through his lifetime and his career he has done more for so many as a Firefighter then any of us could even begin to imagine. It is a true honor to recognize this individual and add his name & truck to the saga we call TOTM.

So now that we have come to the end of another year with our final TOTM winner of 2011, let me be the first to congratulate our December 2011 TOTM winner, member #373, Dick “Xfire” Westphall and his 2000 Black Harley F150 build #7180.

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
Specifically your HD Truck?

Looking for a pick-up to haul a bigger trailer. Had a 95 Explorer Limited which pulled a 5 x 8 trailer. My youngest son keep saying to get a Harley pick-up. Found this one close by and a fair price. Bought it in July 2005.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

Got my first car in 1972. It was a 1970 Plymouth Cuda. Then in 1975 traded it in for a new 1974 Dodge maxi van bare interior. Got into the Van movement in the mid 70's. Built up the interior with the back of the van all bed. Joined local van club. Took it to two national van in's and numerous local van in's. Went through 4 more vans and then the Explorer. Now I have my Harley truck. Should of keep the Cuda for a collector car.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

Stock engine & tranny. Got the Mad coilpack screws, Shorty antenna, dash cover, Colgan front bra, line of fire led lights for under the tailgate, Bilstein shocks, and clunk washers. Just keeping it stock.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I was a Firefighter for 22 1/2 years having to retire early on disability. My youngest son and I use to buy and sell motorcycles around the Midwest. That's why we need a pick up and a larger trailer. Found a black 6 x 10 V nose trailer with the Harley decal already on the sides. Set up inside already to haul motorcycles. After a couple of years, my son moved out on his own. That put an end to our motorcycle hobby.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

Whenever someone has a problem with their truck there is always somebody that helps out to get the problem solved. I have learned a lot this way. The members here not only help with truck questions, but help each other out with personal issues, illness, death, new babies, etc. They're like your second family.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

I've seen many people who only join this site to sell their trucks or parts in the classified ads. They have like 1 or 2 posts and just joined the month that they are trying to sell their stuff.

Question # 7:
This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

I was a Firefighter for 22 1/2 years before retiring on disability. So I went with "xfire".

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

Next spring I will be putting on a set of Hankooks 295/45/20. May try leveling kit since I don't haul the trailer very much anymore. Maybe roters and pads. Mainly keeping her washed and waxed and maintained.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

This is the only forum site that 99.9% of the time no one puts you down or gives you sarcasm for asking questions be it something simple like how to change oil or more complex problems. One more thing, there has been a lot of people here having to sell their trucks. Due to the economy, lost job, growing family or the few that upgrade to newer non Harley trucks. I hope there are enough of us left here to keep the NHTOC going. Thank You for TOTM. That’s it, Merry Christmas and Peace!