Thread: lowering my 2003 hd

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm On 2 f. 4 back ground force set up.

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragginNCrds View Post
    damn sean.. where u find that old *** gas station at ?? i kno it aint around here...
    Out off 11 in Kelly. It used to be a customer of mine about 5 yrs ago.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi guys got the truck lowered 2" at front and 3" rear looking 1 more inch at the front to fill the gap in the front fenders ! what springs will do this and not be to hard ! I used the drop spindles in front and hangers out back . Maybe drop the rear the extra inch if the front lowered more (i like the noise down look) hope you can help me the this one
    cheers johnnyphoto1.jpgphoto.jpg

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Looks great!

Maybe take your front springs out and cut a half coil off with a grinder/cut off wheel will give you the other inch.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts

lowering my 2003 hd

I would just put beefier tires in the back.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Will cutting the coils gave a even drop ?

I have heard if I cut the coils I could get a uneven drop ?

Quote Originally Posted by john mulholland View Post
    I have heard if I cut the coils I could get a uneven drop ?
    Yeah, especially if you take uneven measurements with uneven eyes! LOL.

It's preferable to take a full coil off so that everything sits right back into the same slots and positions as they were when stock, but it's pretty easy to see where a half is and do the same measurement and cut to each spring.

Then again, you could also spend a bit more money and just buy shorter springs.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lol think I will spend the money ! Went this far lol problem is all the springs seam to have a 2" drop ? Plus want to make the handling abit better than stock . Heading to bike week in Daytona this year so good chance to bring them home and save on shipping lol belltech look to do a 1" 2" set what's the deal with them ? Do Eibach do any for this model ? Got the in a few cars I have owned and loved them ! Thanks for the help by the way . Not much info on these here in Ireland lol

You should find a good deal near Daytona or Orlando area. Better make sure to check with a supplier there first to make they have them in stock as most times they have to order them and it could take a couple weeks which by then you may be traveling back home. (Ask me how I know this routine!)

Once you make your hotel reservations ask them if you can have something shipped there and held under your name. Then hook up with Mike at MADEnterprises on here and see if he can get you a deal. He'll know the correct ride height you need with what parts you have installed already.

Good luck and enjoy Daytona. Maybe Merlin will be going on his bikes too?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea hope mike jumps in and points me the right way to go ! Really got the bug for the truck thing now lol just got a exhaust system for it today . I found a guy breaking a 2003 with a set off dynatech headers free flow cats and magna flow cat back system :-) so need to set abit of time aside to get them fitted ! Should sound great

Ah man, great find!
    You'll absolutely love the sound. My buddy has Dynatechs on his Lightning and it sounds so bad a$$.

It's already Friday evening after work over there.
    Hurry up, already. They're not on yet!?

Name: Jerry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john mulholland View Post
    hi guys got the truck lowered 2" at front and 3" rear looking 1 more inch at the front to fill the gap in the front fenders ! what springs will do this and not be to hard ! I used the drop spindles in front and hangers out back . Maybe drop the rear the extra inch if the front lowered more (i like the noise down look) hope you can help me the this one
    cheers johnnyphoto1.jpgphoto.jpg

How does the ride compare to stock with this new set-up ???

Hey John, I used to have a Mulholland suspension kit on my '71 Datsun 510. The BRE cars came with it. Any relations?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seams to be just like before ! As has same springs and shocks , but want to go 1" more on front so going to have to change the springs ! I like Eibach spring as I have them in my car but not sure what them like in a truck or how much of a drop they would gave me ? Maybe fit new shocks all round but not sure what type !

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lol will look into it ! Maybe there rich and lookin the old Irish family members ! (I could be that guy ) lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast