Thread: A bit dissapointed with dyno numbers

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A bit dissapointed with dyno numbers

Hope everyone had a great christmas.
    I had truck dynoed about a year ago it made 351rw hp. The mods at time were predator tuner, lightning upper, 2lb lower, volant CAI with ramair, tr6s, jba shorties, magnaflow catback, SBTB. Dyno did show was running a little rich.
    Anyway since then, added ported blower (stieg), C&L upper plenum, removed all cats and replaced with 2 borla oval straight through mufflers, and went to a SCT x3 tuner. Did also add a set of 22"dub big homies which are about 6lbs pure wheel heavier than factory. Took truck back to same dyno a rolling road type it made after tune 359rwhp, not much of a gain for tne money and mods spent.
    The torque had gone up considerably up to 3500rpm, tho, and I spose that what counts. The tuner said and graph shows its, its working as efficiently as it can.
    What you guys reckon?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The steig blower isn't really efficient until 15 or 16 pounds of boost according to them. So your not really seeing its potential right now.

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    was there a tempertature change between the 2 times you were on the dyno?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey jonolds, hows it going? the temperature between the previous runs would have been only 3 or 4 degrees.
    The boost is only at 10lbs, but as the revs climbs to over 5000rpm its crept up to 13lbs, which would suggest the air isnt getting out as efficiently so building up pressure somewhere in the block, cant be exhaust with no cats etc... maybe heads or cam?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know it's not the same setup but I have 6 lb lower, L upper, no cats, long tubes, cold air, ported steig, sct programmer with amazon tune and I'm pulling 15.5 on cold days and about 14 on warm days. Just so u can try to compare combos. It's a reference point at least

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Something sounds a bit off with the tune there. Is this a Mustang brand dyno as they are known for lower results?

Most dyno shops make sure the IC is running and producing good IAT/IAT2 temps. Also what is your Air-Fuel ratio and timing at?

The boost sounds about right with 12-14 with those mods.

I agree that the Steig is more efficient higher up in the boost ranges. You might consider going to a 4 or 6 lb lower and getting a MAF extender too.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks blaizinram for the reference the 4lb difference seems about right.
    Im not sure on the brand of rolling road it is, have used on my other cars and generally has been really good and consistent. The air fuel at WOT is 11.5, which seems to be where guys have it set for reliability. I do tow about 3.5 tonne horse trailer at times, so thats why I havent changed to a 4lb lower.
    Will have to send some pics through of the truck, also I have a 500hp aussie falcon turbo which is fast and cool, and I have a restomod 66 fastback and near completion a 65 fastback which will run a 351 windsor (420hp) and 5 spd