Thread: Black and chrome headlights

Black Ice
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Black and chrome headlights

I just got my lights I ordered off of eBay. I liked these ones because they look similar to the 78 F series lights with round lights. On my old F250 I'm gonna swap my 76 grill for a 78, so now my trucks will be similar. I'm tossing around the idea of painting my 76 to match my 2000 Harley F150, might even paint my old kickstart Harley Ironhead to match too. whatcha think??

What do you guys think of these?? I can't wait to install em!!!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...333467&trxId=0

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OkcOffRoader View Post
    I just got my lights I ordered off of eBay. I liked these ones because they look similar to the 78 F series lights with round lights. On my old F250 I'm gonna swap my 76 grill for a 78, so now my trucks will be similar. I'm tossing around the idea of painting my 76 to match my 2000 Harley F150, might even paint my old kickstart Harley Ironhead to match too. whatcha think??

What do you guys think of these?? I can't wait to install em!!!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...333467&trxId=0
    Had a set just like them but my corners were different. Why you are in there you might think about getting some 5K HID or at least new Silverstars...bulbs will getting dimmer over time....Paint match would be cool...I am thinking about changing my 02 flame to flat black..they have some spray on stuff that will peel off if i do not like it.

Black Ice
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got them in, all in all it was pretty simple. They don't fit exactly right, but are close. That's what I get for getting the cheapest ones. I think they look 1000% better, and now light actually shines on the road at night!!! Ill be upgrading bulbs soon, but for now im happy. Here are a couple pics, it was the wrong time of day for pics, I couldn't get rid of the glare.

Before....

Side by side comparison.....

Cheap but cool....

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Those look awsome

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    looks great! Have you thought about taking off the license plate holder? Do you happen to be off of memorial and eastern often? If so I have seen you several times...are you stock intake? If so i have a modded elbow if you want it...we need to have a mod party in okc!

Black Ice
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah the license holder is coming off soon. I have to re-adjust the front bumper and valance from where the PO beat it up. Know anyone who can weld plastic?? I'm running the stock airbox with a K&N filter. Only other thing not factory is the 3 3/4" inch 2 into 1 exhaust and a fat flowmaster. It might be 4", but i havent measured. I can't wait to dyno it just for grins. I'm rarely on the northside, but I'm all over sw Okc. I used to help coordinate get togethers for the Oklahoma chapter of a different Ford truck forum. Meet and greets are always good times. If the Oklahoma weather doesn't get in the way. Lol. Have you heard of HP Racing here in Okc??? I work there, and they just got their dyno installed in the new shop. I used to help run the dyno at the shop off council. Good times!! I've mentioned having another dyno day, but it probably wouldn't happen for awhile.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    big difference, i like.

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Yeah the license holder is coming off soon. I have to re-adjust the front bumper and valance from where the PO beat it up. Know anyone who can weld plastic?? I'm running the stock airbox with a K&N filter. Only other thing not factory is the 3 3/4" inch 2 into 1 exhaust and a fat flowmaster. It might be 4", but i havent measured. I can't wait to dyno it just for grins. I'm rarely on the northside, but I'm all over sw Okc. I used to help coordinate get togethers for the Oklahoma chapter of a different Ford truck forum. Meet and greets are always good times. If the Oklahoma weather doesn't get in the way. Lol. Have you heard of HP Racing here in Okc??? I work there, and they just got their dyno installed in the new shop. I used to help run the dyno at the shop off council. Good times!! I've mentioned having another dyno day, but it probably wouldn't happen for awhile.
    I have heard of them but I hear that they mainly like mustangs...what type of tuner do they use down there. I have a modded factory intake if you want it..it was from my 98 f150 days.

Black Ice
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They have a mustang dynomometer, with a wide band A/F meter. They definitely have done a ton of stangs, but they work on anything domestic really. As for tuners, they have a couple different sources. They have a airplane tech that comes in for older stang EFI setups, there is another guy they use to flash GM PCUs. And I've seen about every kind of stand alone programmers get installed. what's modded on that intake?

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Those heads lookin great on yo shyiat homie!
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

Black Ice
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Bro!! These lights give out great light at night, but i will be upgrading to HIDs or Silverstars soon....my only complaints are the passenger light dont sit perfectly straight...i dont think i can really adjust it, but im gonna try adjusting the lights up a bit, so maybe it will help....and the corner lights have a strip of melted plastic all around the outter rim from the molding process, not alot to be dont about it, i just think it looks funny up close...10 feet away and you cant even tell...it really difficult to get a pic of these lights without a glare, the shiny plastic is very reflective...lol....

heres another pic even tho she is dirrrrrty, most Harley Truck owners would probably kill me, but i drive it everyday so it wont stay clean!!

Here you can see the excess plastic from the mold around the outter edge..

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    . what's modded on that intake?
    It is actually really simple...on the intake elbow if you look down in it you will see it"funnel" down. This is basically a silencer so people would not complain about it being to loud under throttle. You take a par of needle nose plyers and just pull it out. It takes a little bit but it will come out. the other part is the plastic piece that connects to your fender. get out a jugsaw and cut it back about 3 inches to your intake can breath in more than just throughthe fender....no dough mods...I will see if I can dig up some pics.
    http://www.f150online.com/forums/art...3-f-150-a.html
    Last edited by Black Molly; 01-03-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Black Ice
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Update...these lights are holding up great so far, they only got a little foggy once at the carwash, but cleared right up. Very happy with them.

If a hammer doesnt fix it, you have an electrical problem!!
    Do you like muddy 4x4s?? Then Check out Mudspace.
    My Mudspace Page.