Thread: "LuvBug" Nightmare

Ex Pat. Gearhead!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"LuvBug" Nightmare

Full (first) Zaino yesterday and another 2 coats this morning.
    On a 25mile drive this afternoon I must have gone through a "LuvBug" frenzy!! AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
    Did'nt have the heart to take a pic of my baby post bug but believe me the whole front end/mirrors/front of hood was COVERED.
    Well, where Zaino was applied (not front end I know, I know) they came off easy. But lights/surround/valance/grille OMG what a nightmare. After a 1.5 hrs of rubbing/cleaning I had enough. Got a bowl of water/washing liquid mix and carefully but liberally applied to bug area (NOT to hood or any "metal" painted surface). let sit for couple mins. and washed off liberally with fresh water. Bugs were a gonna. Made sure all was rinsed well and then detailed. Maybe not "the" best solutions (any ideas) and I know dishwashing liquid is not rec. as reg. use. But worked
    Nick:BF:

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I find that a really quick blast with the pressure washer wand at the local car wash works best. It takes less time to put in my $1 in quarters, blast off the D@MN bugs, then drive 2 blocks home and wash it like I normally would by hand, even if I have to reapply some wax to the front, than the time it takes to try and scrub off the bugs. I pretty much ONLY let the pressure wand hit the windshield, front end, and mirrors. I know that a lot of the soaps chemicals that they use at car washes are not good for the finish, but can all that scrubbing be any better?
    Jim Magee
    Jonesboro, AR (arkansas)
    NHTOC #124
    2006 HD #3053

2002 DSG #803
    - born 3/8/2002
    - died 11/6/2005 RIP...
    Nature is cruel!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tip for bugs: Cover the front with the car wash soap straight, no water, and let it sit for a few minutes. Proceed to then wash the truck normally.

slow ride
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wash truck regularly to get bugs off use waterhose running water without nozzle over bugs and use cloth and rub as water runs over them most of the time will come right off.