Thread: Rear Door Speakers

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Rear Door Speakers

Years ago, I installed Infinity Kappa speakers in all the doors. A ¼” thick/tall “stand-off” is required in the rear doors to accommodate the depth of the speakers into the shallow depth of the steel door pockets. I was able to identify an ABS adapter from Crutchfield that would suffice. Over the years, a couple of the plastic bosses molded into the “stand-off” have fractured. Hence, the rear speakers vibrate and sound like chit.

Anybody know of a permanent solution? Please note that I am aware that “GG” (when he was around) had made an H2O-jet cut ¼” aluminum plate to perform this function. Anyone know of availability of a similar solution for this application? I have got to believe that someone, over the many years, has done this kind of “permanent” solution?

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Im sure we could get someone to make us a plate again. Will, draggiNCrds knows someone.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    Years ago, I installed Infinity Kappa speakers in all the doors. A ¼” thick/tall “stand-off” is required in the rear doors to accommodate the depth of the speakers into the shallow depth of the steel door pockets. I was able to identify an ABS adapter from Crutchfield that would suffice. Over the years, a couple of the plastic bosses molded into the “stand-off” have fractured. Hence, the rear speakers vibrate and sound like chit.

Anybody know of a permanent solution? Please note that I am aware that “GG” (when he was around) had made an H2O-jet cut ¼” aluminum plate to perform this function. Anyone know of availability of a similar solution for this application? I have got to believe that someone, over the many years, has done this kind of “permanent” solution?

My permanent solution was to install the JL Audio XR570-CXi door speakers. They didn't seem to require the plate.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Used 3/8 inch plywood and made my own spacers. Seem to be holding fine up after five or six years.
    Black '02
    #00946 Built March 2002
    Innovations hard cover, Line-X bed liner, PIAA Extreme white plus headlight bulbs.
    Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD HU with Pioneer 2way 6x8 bullit proof speakers.
    Hankook Ventus 295/45/20