Thread: 02 HD brake squeal

Name: Dukcaln

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

02 HD brake squeal

So the HD i bought two weeks ago is starting to make some break noice. Looks like the pad have some life left and the rotors look just ok, but the squeal when stopping annoys the hell out of me. I just had shoulder surgery and can not takle the job on my own so I am thinking a trip to the nearest Les Swab is in order....

Any tips, suggestions

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Clean the wheels and rotors off first. Dust will make them squeal.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    what kind of shoulder surgery? I just had my 20th and last PT session yesterday for my shoulder. I had surgery March 7th. Good times!

lots of things can cause squeal, missing pad mounting clips especially. It's probably best to just replace the pads and have the rotors turned.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    two tears, two anchors, shaved bone spurs down still in theopy but getting better. It did suck, and to top it all off since I used my left arm so much during the last year because of the right shoulder injury I developed a tear in my tendon on the left elbow, have no gripping power at all and the doctor says surgery is a possibility.....good ole workers comb..... whats a good cleaner for the breaks, will try that first.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dukcaln View Post
    two tears, two anchors, shaved bone spurs down still in theopy but getting better. It did suck, and to top it all off since I used my left arm so much during the last year because of the right shoulder injury I developed a tear in my tendon on the left elbow, have no gripping power at all and the doctor says surgery is a possibility.....good ole workers comb..... whats a good cleaner for the breaks, will try that first.
    that sucks, I bailed on my mountainbike when I cased a jump, hit hard enough to tear my subscapularous and shatter my collar bone, I have a sweet 6" long plate on my collar bone with 6 screws, also had a bone graft to glue all the bits back together.

my left arm got a lot stronger, my right arm still has a lot of "stiction" in my range of motion, especially pulling my arm across my chest in front of me.

I'm up to 30lbs on the lat pulldown and seated rowing machines, lol. I feel your pain, shoulder injury's aren't fun at all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ouch........ darm mountain bikes...

cleaner for brakes?

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

If you take the rims off just use regular brake cleaner from the auto parts shop. Not sure what it will do if it gets on the rims or tires though.

If you don't take the rims off maybe just spray some Simple Green and then hit it with a pressure washer.

If you end up changing pads I'd suggest going to ceramic as they don't dust up as bad as the semi-metallic ones.