Thread: Purpose and benefits of being a paid member

Name: Patrick

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Purpose and benefits of being a paid member

What is the purpose and benefits of being a paid member?

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Well for one, hosting this Site and keeping it online is not free. I think the information compiled over the years on these trucks from previous owners is worth the membership fee to make sure it stays within my easy reach.

I can't count how many times I wanted go find out about a mod and just looked it up on here to review the pros and cons of doing it and then going outside and actually doing it while following the picture help that sometimes accompanies it.

Plus you also get to view the sexy paid members only threads!
    Last edited by cayman150; 06-21-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Name: Patrick

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Where is the info about membership fees? Do I receive a dues card or packet?

Cool

At the top of the screen in blue is where the Join or Renew link is. Then it pops up other info after you click it.

The new member fees look like the have been dropped from $35 down to $25 now. I don't think Doug has the time to keep up with sending out cards & stickers and I forget whatever else used to come with it. Actually after Nan passed away I don't recall Big D doing it everytime I renewed either, so be it.

I can always go to the thread where the club business cards are and reprint my own. I have the T-shirt and I presume I can go to the merchandise thread and purchase another one when I need it.

I just like supporting the site for all of the valuable info on here and the comraderie of the members and guests.

Don't know how many times I've gone out on a single Friday night and blown $25 and couldn't remember the next day how I spent it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cayman150; 06-22-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Like Chuck "caymen" said....its supports the site to enable it to continue going and hopefully grow and grow. Yes there is advertising on the site but that income is usually based upon traffic of the site so it may not generate enough to support the site being a free website.

In the past you got a T-shirt, membership card, & sticker but Nan is who was in charge of that and since her passing, it stopped. Doug did say he would not be doing that so I wouldn't count on it happening.

If anything for a paid member I would like to see in the future, perhaps a GTG done for Paid Members only if possible that would have a fun day, dinner, etc... Just an idea, but of course there would have to be a good amount of paid members and then picking the location that suits all.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    I'm sure the new owner here has posted saying he won't be doing shirts and cards anymore.

Server Admin - Owner
    Name: Doug

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Like Chuck "caymen" said....its supports the site to enable it to continue going and hopefully grow and grow. Yes there is advertising on the site but that income is usually based upon traffic of the site so it may not generate enough to support the site being a free website.

In the past you got a T-shirt, membership card, & sticker but Nan is who was in charge of that and since her passing, it stopped. Doug did say he would not be doing that so I wouldn't count on it happening.

If anything for a paid member I would like to see in the future, perhaps a GTG done for Paid Members only if possible that would have a fun day, dinner, etc... Just an idea, but of course there would have to be a good amount of paid members and then picking the location that suits all.
    I think doing a get together is a great Idea. The trouble is that I want to do it on Little Cayman so that I can have a beer with Chuck and go scuba diving... ;)
    The fact that there are 14 paid members at $25 a year. remaining profit after paying for software and bandwidth wont pay for many beers on the beach but Im in. And it would be a business expense. Lets see flight and hotel on the beach in Cayman is about $2000, annual Supporting members revenue from the site $300. The server costs $450 a month. It works out fine, My accountant wont mind.

Im serious BOTH about the fact that Cayman is likely in my future for a diving trip AND I would be happy to buy a beer for local memeber at Bonedaddys in Dallas some time.

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_2000 View Post
    I think doing a get together is a great Idea. The trouble is that I want to do it on Little Cayman so that I can have a beer with Chuck and go scuba diving... ;)
    The fact that there are 14 paid members at $25 a year. remaining profit after paying for software and bandwidth wont pay for many beers on the beach but Im in. And it would be a business expense. Lets see flight and hotel on the beach in Cayman is about $2000, annual Supporting members revenue from the site $300. The server costs $450 a month. It works out fine, My accountant wont mind.

Im serious BOTH about the fact that Cayman is likely in my future for a diving trip AND I would be happy to buy a beer for local memeber at Bonedaddys in Dallas some time.

I'd be up for a GTG Cayman style, I love that place!

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    I can't speak for others but for me but the information here has saved me (and cost me) lots of money in relationship to the small price for a yearly membership.
    The quality of folks here also has a lot to do with correct how-to information and mature straight answers to any questions or problems that may and will arise.

Well worth the $25...Support your NHTOC community.

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I can't speak for others but for me but the information here has saved me (and cost me) lots of money in relationship to the small price for a yearly membership.
    The quality of folks here also has a lot to do with correct how-to information and mature straight answers to any questions or problems that may and will arise.

Well worth the $25...Support your NHTOC community.

+1. and there's a button to throw in a little xtra.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_2000 View Post

If you make it over to Grand Cayman I'll buy you the beers and get my buddy to take you scuba diving......but not in that order!

BTW, flights from Miami are only about $400 and sometimes cheaper if you book a package including a hotel. I've heard that friends get deals on condo packages too if they want to share with another couple and get a 2 bedroom unit. So come on down, the more the merrier! Spring break is right around the corner and there will be lots of eye candy!