Thread: NOPI Nationals

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NOPI Nationals

Some of you guys (and gals) that have been around for a while might remember me for a few years back. I have since moved on to something a little more economical, a 2007 TSX. Anyhow, i was parusing tsxclub.com and found a nopi nationals flyer with none other than Cain's 7 second harley on the front of it! It brought up memories and I wanted to share it with some of you. Anyone thinking about going to Nopi this year @ atlanta raceways? Im more than likely going, but if I win another show this year with my TSX I will be competing too, anyone showed at NOPI? I have showed at Spring Break Nats and various other shows but everything I have seen about a NOPI show is its huge with lots to do!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    So...you go and hide in the import world and know when you post up you don't even put up pictures of this Show Winning TSX of yours. Come now now Mr. Zoe!!!

This is unacceptable, expecially from the guy who did a cutout for 3 12's in the HD Trucks bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    actually it was a setup for 4 12w6v2 or 2 13w7 in a t line box that took up the whole bed

The TSX is still a work in progress but my goal is to have somewhat of a sleeper. Besides some small changes to the exterior and changes under the hood that only someone that knows what they are looking for would know something has changed. Goal before the end of the year is 250whp from a 2.4liter k motor.

Im gonna just post my build thread that i created for the TSXclub.com forum just for you Oki

So far, I have done the entire sound system. The new system consists of alot of overkill because of the equipment being left over from my last vehicle which was a SPL street pounder of a F150 Harley Edition. The system got somewhat downsized but still has alot of power behind it. I used the stock h/u and tuned the system to max out around the 15lvl on the stock nav volume and is tuned for SQ.

System includes
    2 sets of Focal 165K2P in the front doors and rear deck
    1 JL Audio 600/4 (150 watts going to each door speaker)
    1 Sundown 3500 (capable of 3800watts@1ohm@12.4v. I have it running@2ohms w/approx 1900w going to subs)
    Wiring=JL Audio Blue RCA's and power cables
    Power=Under the hood I have a Duralast yellowtop and in the spare tire area i have a Kinetic HC2400. Even at full blast the electrical system stays at/above 12.5 volts.
    Pics:
    Tweeter through the widshield

Volt Meter and 1st Bass Knob placement

Box build pics

Placement in Car (Sundown3500 Hidden at the top of the trunk on a hinged amprack to allow to keep dvd for nav in stock place)

Next was the exterior. i wanted something clean simple and since i have had all black trucks up until this point i wanted something dark and somewhat mysterious looking. i blacked out the tail lights, rear safety lights, turn signals in the mirrors, grill, I also tinted the windows.

Next was wheels. I admit, i got a great deal on these. Like they were free kinda great deal. I found an add on craigslist for someone wanting to trade aftermarket wheels for stock ones and i jumped all on it. It just so happen that they were the exact look i was wanting.

After the wheels were on I knew i had to lower the car, it had wayyyyyy too much gap. I started looking around at the typical manufacturers. I decided that since $$ was tight i was just gonna do springs and since the stock struts still only have 50k miles on them @ this point, i would make a decision about them later.
    I chose Tein S Tech springs because a member on the TSX forum was selling for cheap so i went with it. I installed them myself in a day with little to no knowledge of how it was supposed to go. It didnt go to bad.
    BEFORE

AFTER

Next was brakes. The brakes on the TSX are absolutely awful!! First I replaced the rotors and pads, and then again a year later. While i had it apart i decided i would change somethings.

Rust Buildup

Cleaned all four of them w a wire wheel and drill

Painted Red

This is where the real custom starts...
    After replacing the rotors and pads twice in two years i decided something else needed to be done, but with aftermarket kits being so expensive and me being layed off from work there is no way i was going to fork out the cash for an aftermarket set of calipers and rotors. So i went back to TSX club forums to see what others had done, all of which were either too expensive and over the top or not enough. I finally came across a member who was selling the Acura RL 4 piston calipers. I bought those and a Nissan 350z rotor and got to work. I ended up having to collect parts for sometime but the final product is absolutely amazing!

Thats about it so far, thats installed. This fall im going to get into the engine. So far I have magnaflow exhaust (installed) and a Weapon R header and 45* VTC in the shed. In the fall i plan on ordering the RBC intake, hondata gasket, RDX injectors, and a tune. After reading the recent Import Tuner magazine, im hoping to be in the neighborhood of 250whp, which should make my TSX alot of fun. It will handle, look great, sound great and move!

Enjoy

First Trophy for the TSX! With all this work done, i was still placed in the stock class....stock look, but wayyy more bad ***!

Sport90's #1

You have been busy!!! Very nice...definitely gonna have to come see it in person the next time we are in your neighborhood. Not sure when that is going to be just yet, but you know Amber & I...we are usually over there a bunch.

Now that the wedding is done, we are currently finishing up more to the house over here, so that is taking all of our time.

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome news! Where are you living?
    Forget about GO, im all Show-n-AUDIO!

"The Definition of Rolling Thunder"
    If you build it DBzzz will come!

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    nice! now I know Im not the only Honda guy in here.
    TRUCK 123.jpg

My DD, 08 V6 Coupe with HFP Suspension .... and a few other things!

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nope your not. I firmly believe with gas prices the way they are, behind every harley edition should be a dd honda ;)

Sport90's #1

Quote Originally Posted by jvillefinest View Post
    Awesome news! Where are you living?
    Still in Tallahassee for the time being