Thread: A/C problem solved, I think...........

Name: Patrick

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

A/C problem solved, I think...........

When I got my truck I noticed that my fan shroud was not the original shroud. I'm pretty sure it is from a N/A engine because the previous owner had to cut away on the bottom to keep the fan from hitting it. This leaves a way for air to get out when driving slow or at a light. When I'm driving my a/c blows cold but when I am at a stop light or what not it doesn't put out as good and on a day close to 100 degrees it really annoying. So do you guys think this could be part of my problem or should I go ahead and first have the a/c system checked out. I put a can freon in it so i know it isn't empty or leaking. Also does a ford lightning shroud fit our trucks also. I checked the price and it looks they are close to 250 bucks. Hopefully someone has one laying around that they can sell me.

Name: Jake

Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    Too much freon can be worse than not enough. You may need to make sure its charged correctly

Email is fast..... Jake@3rdrowinnovations.com

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I had a gauge on it when I put the can of freon in there and the only reason I did it was because of the a/c problem

"I WANNA GO FAST"
    Name: Ajay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The fan can not be pulling air sufficiently over the condenser and causing it to do that. What pressures on the gauges where you seeing?

2002 DSG Nicknamed "Haley the Harley Truck"
    2013 TOTM Moderator

Name: Nate

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Stock Fan ? ---
    03' Black Harley F-150 #577 29k miles
    90' LPE ZR-1 Corvette #699
    01' VIPER GTS
    06' Jeep SRT8 Grand Cherokee

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yes, stock fan and I have put a new fan clutch in it to see if that was the problem.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayBrown View Post
    The fan can not be pulling air sufficiently over the condenser and causing it to do that. What pressures on the gauges where you seeing?
    Not sure on the exact pressures, it was just the gauge from the parts store that has the red blue and green areas on the gauge to make sure I don't overfill. So are you saying I may have another problem or the shroud is the problem?

"I WANNA GO FAST"
    Name: Ajay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well the shroud could be the problem, but without proper a/c gauges there is no way to tell, just take it to your local shop that can properly diagnose it

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I will in the next couple of days.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Update on my a/c, recently my ac just completely stopped blowing ccool air, idle or driving. Today I took it to a local shop and he put some gauges on it and checked the freon level, he replaced the o-ring on high discharge lin next to the battery it has signs of oil or something leaking, he evaporated and charged it up but said the compressor seemed to be working fine but was cycling on and off every few seconds or so, he said it might have a clogged somewhere in the system. The guy who actually runs the shop wasnt there and wouldnt be there til the morning and said to bring it back and he will be better to diagnose the actual problem. I did the EATC diagnotic and didn't find any codes. Im thinking about taking it to the dealership in the morning for 59.99 to do a system check and tell me the problem and that will go towards the repair if I choose. What do you guys think? I found these as possible symptoms as it may be:
    • Insufficient air conditioning (A/C) cooling • Restricted A/C evaporator core orifice (19D990). Low refrigerant level. A/C cycling switch (19E561). Temperature blend door actuator control (19D816). A/C pressure cutoff switch (19D594). Incorrect heater control valve (18495) operation. • Go To Pinpoint Test L .

Name: Jake

Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts

Re: A/C problem solved, I think...........

Soooo....what happened

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Whoever had the truck before me put some stop sealant in the system. When I had the orfice tube pulled it was James packed with it. It was causing a plug in the system. Once I just changed out the orfice tube and recharged the system it started blowing cool again. But I went on and replaced the compressor, orfice tube, and accumulator because the I didn't want to have the problem again. I also had the whole system flushed. I think I should have replaced the condenser too but so far so good. I haven't had a chance to check to make sure the ac stills cools at outside of about 100 degrees. I might down the road replace the condenser for a peice of mind.

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    As long as you blew out the condenser when you had the system opened up it should be fine. Better to spend those $$ on go fast goodies:-)