Thread: Auto lock AND unlock?

Name: James

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Auto lock AND unlock?

It's somewhat nice that all the doors automatically unlock once I start driving, but is there a way to make them unlock once I shut the truck off? I'm constantly needing to get things from the backseat and I've yet to remember to manually unlock the doors everytime I get out, so my dumbass is pulling the back handle, just to fumble for the keys or re-open the front door and hit the button.

Can it also be programmed that one-button touch unlocks all the doors instead of drivers, then a second touch does them all? If possible, I'll like them all to unlock w/ a single touch, just like it does when locking. I understand the safety reasons of why only one door unlocks at first, but im not a 120lb little blonde, so no one will be hoping in w/o my knowledge.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    mine all unlock and lock with the touch of the FOB.....

They auto unlock when i shut the truck off as well.

Could try and see if the autolock is enabled...

Autolock (If Equipped)

• All the doors are closed
    • The Ignition Key is in the ON position
    • The gearshift lever is shifted into R reverse or a forward gear and the brake pedal is released.

This feature will also automatically relock all the doors when:

• The ignition is running and any door is opened and then closed and you put the vehicle in motion by releasing the brake pedal.

Deactivatin/Activating the Autolock Feature

Before following the procedure, make sure that the Ignition is OFF and all vehicle doors are closed.

You must complete steps 1-7 within 30 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated. If the procedure needs to be repeated, you must wait 30 seconds.

1. Turn the ignition key to ON

2. Press the power door unlock control three times

3. Turn the ignition key from ON to OFF

4. Press the power door unlock control three times.

5. Turn the ignition back to ON. The horn will chirp.

6. Press the unlock control, then press the lock control. The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autolock was activated.

7. Turn the ignition to OFF. The horn will chirp once to confirm the procedure complete.

THis can also be accomplished via the Keyless entry pad

Activating/deactivating autolock with the keyless entry system

Before following the activation or deactivation procedures, make sure that the anti-theft system (if equipped) is not armed, ignition is off, and all vehicle doors and liftgate window are closed.

1. Enter 5 digit entry code

2. Press and hold 7/8 control

3. Press and release 3/4 control while holding 7/8 control

4. Release 7/8 control.

The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autolock was activated. To re-activate autolock, repeat steps 1–4.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    the easiest way to accomplish what you want done, is with an aftermarket alarm like a viper 350 2-way.

I have that system on my fobra and it auto-locks when ignition is turned on, auto un-locks when turned off, and I have it set to unlock both doors when I hit the button on the remote like walking up to the car to leave.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgstew6 View Post
    mine all unlock and lock with the touch of the FOB.....

They auto unlock when i shut the truck off as well.

Could try and see if the autolock is enabled...

Autolock (If Equipped)

• All the doors are closed
    • The Ignition Key is in the ON position
    • The gearshift lever is shifted into R reverse or a forward gear and the brake pedal is released.

This feature will also automatically relock all the doors when:

• The ignition is running and any door is opened and then closed and you put the vehicle in motion by releasing the brake pedal.

Deactivatin/Activating the Autolock Feature

Before following the procedure, make sure that the Ignition is OFF and all vehicle doors are closed.

You must complete steps 1-7 within 30 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated. If the procedure needs to be repeated, you must wait 30 seconds.

1. Turn the ignition key to ON

2. Press the power door unlock control three times

3. Turn the ignition key from ON to OFF

4. Press the power door unlock control three times.

5. Turn the ignition back to ON. The horn will chirp.

6. Press the unlock control, then press the lock control. The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autolock was activated.

7. Turn the ignition to OFF. The horn will chirp once to confirm the procedure complete.

THis can also be accomplished via the Keyless entry pad

Activating/deactivating autolock with the keyless entry system

Before following the activation or deactivation procedures, make sure that the anti-theft system (if equipped) is not armed, ignition is off, and all vehicle doors and liftgate window are closed.

1. Enter 5 digit entry code

2. Press and hold 7/8 control

3. Press and release 3/4 control while holding 7/8 control

4. Release 7/8 control.

The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autolock was activated. To re-activate autolock, repeat steps 1–4.
    So they all lock with one touch, then all unlock with one touch? Is this the factory remote system still?

I've already got auto lock enabled, I want auto unlock enabled as well.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    the easiest way to accomplish what you want done, is with an aftermarket alarm like a viper 350 2-way.

I have that system on my fobra and it auto-locks when ignition is turned on, auto un-locks when turned off, and I have it set to unlock both doors when I hit the button on the remote like walking up to the car to leave.
    I've thought about aftermarket alarms, but I'm not trying to spend the money unless it's needed. If I do, then I'll go full out with auto start, controlled via my Android, etc as I'd prefer to be fobless anyways.