Page 102 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3649

Thread: What did you do to your Harley Truck today?

Nathan
    Name: nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yeah i agree but the led bar looks good I like my set up but would like the bar just for fun.

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yeah had to patch my tire to for the first time since I bought them. Need to take it back to the shop now to get nitrogen in there

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 210sRenegade View Post
    Yeah had to patch my tire to for the first time since I bought them. Need to take it back to the shop now to get nitrogen in there
    IMO nitrogen in a street driven vehicle is a gimmick. Nitrogen in a race car on the other hand is necessary.

The point of using nitrogen to fill tires is so that the pressure doesn't increase when the tire gets hot causing loss of traction, or changing the cars handling characteristics. But I am talking race car hot (170°-220°+) not a street tire hot (Typically no more than 145° on the hottest day of the year).

If you leave the compressed air in that tire and run it just like it is, that tire will last just as long as the other 3 filled with nitrogen. I just wouldn't waste my time, but that's my opinion.

4. The Following User Liked SoCal Waite For This Useful Post:

Shady Al (07-07-2014)

Name: Dale

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Yeah i agree but the led bar looks good I like my set up but would like the bar just for fun.

Last night I was turning down my street and I decided it needed to be daytime, lol.

Name: Tony

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yea your lights are pretty bright lol...

Name: Brett

Liked 28 Times in 16 Posts
    About ready to go up for sale

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    All compressed air is nitrogen. Anyone who tells you any different is selling you air that you already breath.

Vader's Chauffer

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    All compressed air is nitrogen. Anyone who tells you any different is selling you air that you already breath.
    In other words "Snake oil"

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts

What did you do to your Harley Truck today?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    Ok, I'm confused. Air is 78% nitrogen, < 21% oxygen! water vapor and trace gases like argon. Some shop compressors are designed to produce compressed air that is 95% to 99.9% nitrogen. But I've been under the impression that non commercial compressors like I have in my garage and air fill stations like at the local gas station/mini mart do not remove the oxygen and still have moisture in the compressed air. Am I missing something? Not trying to split hairs but I'm curious. I've been in shops that claim their compressors produce oxygen free compressed air and shops that bring in bottled nitrogen.
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

Name: Hector

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Did some fog light work this evening. Really happy with the replacements I found by searching here.

Here are the old ones...

And here are the replacements after I put them on.

Here is the link to purchase them on Amazon for those wondering:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The link says it does not fit, but it is an exact replacement for the ones I had on there.

12. The Following User Liked Googs For This Useful Post:

SoCal Waite (07-09-2014)

Vader's Chauffer

I think the point is that even those that use bottled nitrogen (99% pure) to fill tires don't pull the tires to a vacuum before they fill them. So there is still the oxygen, argon and water vapor still in the tires from before they were mounted. The 99% nitrogen that they fill to pressure with doesn't negate the fact that the other elements are still in the tire.

Here is a great article on this subject: Edmunds on Nitrogen Tire Fills

The only thing I can find on Nitrogen Generators are made by Ingersoll Rang and those that could feed a tire shop's capacity are well above a $10K price tag. Doesn't mean they don't have them, but would explain the added cost to fill with nitrogen. And in the long run would just equate to free money in their pocket once its paid for. But in the end I still feel it is no more than snake oil, and not worth the added cost/time.

As usual I am rambling, thanks for your time.

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    [IMG][/IMG]

Did the fog light switch mod. Now I can run my fogs by them selves

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady Al View Post
    Ok, I'm confused. Air is 78% nitrogen, < 21% oxygen! water vapor and trace gases like argon. Some shop compressors are designed to produce compressed air that is 95% to 99.9% nitrogen. But I've been under the impression that non commercial compressors like I have in my garage and air fill stations like at the local gas station/mini mart do not remove the oxygen and still have moisture in the compressed air. Am I missing something? Not trying to split hairs but I'm curious. I've been in shops that claim their compressors produce oxygen free compressed air and shops that bring in bottled nitrogen.
    every air compressor should have a moisture trap on the line, otherwise air tools won't last long at all.

There's no way to get 99% nitrogen into a tire even if you start with 100% nitrogen from a bottle.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigd3077 View Post
    What 3rd brake light you guys use? Minebis stock with LED lights, but the housing is broke and water gets in. Drives me nuts.
    I like the Bully http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...ighlight=bully

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I have this smoked one also. Its great for the $50

Page 102 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 ... LastLast