Page 187 of 244 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3649

Thread: What did you do to your Harley Truck today?

Name: aaron

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    image.jpg
    Got all my engine parts. Gunna pull the sc and clean the ic. Then install all the goodies as it goes back together. My valve body came in yesterday to so if there is enough time that will also get done.

Anybody got a good tunner that uses sct in north or South Carolina?

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Got everything apart today. Unfortunately my rotors look like **** so I guess I will be taking the sc apart and stripping the rotors befor reassembly tomorrow.
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    I drove Heidi to Pamona last weekend for the Red Bull Straight Rhythm event. She was running great but when I exited the highway she was running very rough at idle so I assumed the IAC might need to be cleaned. Then over the last week she been throwing an EGR DTC (P0401) so I figured the EGR needed to be cleaned. I open the hood to remove the EGR this afternoon and found that the EGR tube melted through the vacuum line for the EGR. I must have been a little careless when I replaced the spark plugs a few weeks ago . At least it was a cheap and easy fix .

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Did the turkey pan delete, cleaned ic, striped sc rotors, replaced spark plugs, changed sc oil, and started installing ideler a and pully. Unfortunately one of the extender studs in the metco ideler kit had some bad threads so I had to bring it to work and clean it up. Should have it all finished this afternoon.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    VERY nice!

Great work...looking real good!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Yeah, nice work. You've been a very busy guy!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks. Gunna try and get the vb in this weekend and then hopefully a dyno tune next week. Then I will try and take a break for a little bit.

I wasn't planning on stripping the rotors or the turkey pan delete but once I got in there I figured might as well do it right.

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hello Aaron, I have the same size tire that you are running and JLP on the lowest setting works great to level the truck. Great mod list you have...

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fordman View Post
    Thanks. Gunna try and get the vb in this weekend and then hopefully a dyno tune next week.
    What tuner are you going to use when you Dyno? You may be able to use it to reset your tranny shift point.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    I've got an sct livewire ts + and I'm pretty sure it will change shift pressure and shift points. I know to leave the pressures stock but where should I set my shift points? Or is it just a drive it and see kinda thing?

Hank, ya that's next on my list is leveling the truck and a set of good shocks.

Here is an extract from my tuner.

Here are the basic stats on the files:

- Rev Limiter: 5700
    - Shift Points RPM: 5400
    - Shift Points MPH: Optimized
    - Shift Pressure: Stock
    - Shift Duration: Stock
    - Speed Limiter: 255
    - COT (Catalyst Overtemp): OFF (causes the vehicle to run rich in the upper rpms if left on)
    - Torque Management (aka Torque Reduction) is: OFF
    - Boost Bypass is: OFF
    - Intercooler Pump Enable/Disable Temps: -20 degrees from factory
    - IC Pump On Delay Time: 1 sec after start (factory is 20 secs)
    - Idle Speed: 600 rpms
    - Rear O2 DTC's: OFF (this is for if you go to high flow cats or no cats, but it will not affect your performance or driveability)
    - Max Timing in upper rpms:
    --tune1: Depends on overall calculated Load from the pcm. You should see approx. 15 degrees max at WOT, in the upper rpms. I have also revamped the entire timing curve at all throttle positions.
    --tune2: Depends on overall calculated Load from the pcm. You should see approx. 17 degrees max at WOT, in the upper rpms. I have also revamped the entire timing curve at all throttle positions.
    - Fuel: Run 93 octane. You should be around 11.8 to 12.0 on the a/f flatlined across the board.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    What kind of tunner are you using? I haven't spent a tone of time with my sct but I don't remember seeing places to ajust when the ic pump coming on or a place to turn off the boost bypass.

I finished everything up yesterday. Put the 6# pully on and the oil separator. Dove it to work this morning and wow it realy woke my truck up. Can't wait to get the valve body and tune done.

Sorry, my tuner is a handheld Diablo Predator.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fordman View Post
    What kind of tunner are you using? I haven't spent a tone of time with my sct but I don't remember seeing places to ajust when the ic pump coming on or a place to turn off the boost bypass.

I finished everything up yesterday. Put the 6# pully on and the oil separator. Dove it to work this morning and wow it realy woke my truck up. Can't wait to get the valve body and tune done.
    Your IC pump isn't adjustable with the handheld, it has to be turned on in the custom tune that is uploaded to your handheld. So talk to your tuner about it when you take it in. Don't mess with the boost bypass.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    SonicHD, thanks for the info. I will be sure to talk with the tuner about that. I still don't understand the whole boost bypass thing. I know how it works just don't know why you would want to disable it. Everybody I've talked to sayes just unplug the thing if you are going racing and plug back in when your done. Any how thanks for the info.

Does anybody know if you can get the sct to read iat2 temp? I can only get it to read voltage.
    Last edited by fordman; 10-22-2015 at 04:29 AM.

Page 187 of 244 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 ... LastLast