Page 193 of 244 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3649

Thread: What did you do to your Harley Truck today?

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    Not sure as it was on the truck when I bought it, but it's Lightning style exit. I dont know why either one would be louder, I imagine they use the same muffler. There is a little drone, but no chop-chop sound when cruising.
    The Lightning Bassani catback has two mufflers. The Harley has one muffler with a dual in dual out.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Please let us know how it sounds...Louder, Exhaust note, inside cab (drone) noise at 35 (in town) and 70 (highway) etc.?
    Actually, I hardly noticed a difference. It wasn't until I went through and underpass and mashed it. Definitely deeper and a little raspy at top end. Stomped on it again while next to a few hundred foot long retaining wall and heard more of the raspy versus the deeper sound. All in all, I like it way better than the stock set up. Mild, yet beastly when you step on it. No drone at 2K at 35 or 70 either.

Perhaps because I'm all stock is why I haven't had the same experience as everyone else.

Main reason for changing it was with the HD style I would occasionally bump into curbs while backing into a parking space. Now with it relocated in front of the tire, I'm all clear in the rear.
    JBA Coffee & Cars 06/12/2016

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
    Thanks, Sean. I went with an aftermarket cat pipe so I only have 2 cats now rather than the oem 4. I know this adds to the level of sound on mine. If I have the patience I may wait until after we meet in May before I buy something else.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWBRA View Post
    Thanks, Sean. I went with an aftermarket cat pipe so I only have 2 cats now rather than the oem 4. I know this adds to the level of sound on mine. If I have the patience I may wait until after we meet in May before I buy something else.
    Drove it around for a few hours yesterday (took the wife shopping. making up for being away Feb 14) and it may be braking in a little since it's gotten slightly louder. I'm liking it.

Name: mark

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was tired of the "compressor" part being used on my 03 for the oil separator, it came with it installed. So over the weekend, I made a bracket and installed one from Moroso, it fits real nice, easy to drain, and ready for a testing session. I had bought one of the Motoblue or something ones that installs in the oil cap neck, and it didn't work for ****t, but I put a breather on the drivers side to inlet air, and then modified the cone that screws into the filler neck to go to the Moroso can. I blocked the stock PCV on the passenger side for now, may add another breather there. Disconnected the line going back to the bottom of the turkey pan and plugged it, and of course plugged the line that was going from the drivers side cover to the intake elbow (blocked the elbow hole, breather in the cover hole).
    Heres a few pics
    pic 1got rid of this POS, pic 2 this is the new one, yes I unkinked that hose, pic 3 another view, pic 4 bracket and attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bigmo; 02-29-2016 at 12:44 PM. Reason: explain pics
    BigMo

'03 Shamu/Build #04441

Installed a "shorty" antenna a few weeks ago and finally fixed the drivers side interior door handle over the weekend.
    image.jpg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey! I like that, can you give me details on that antenna? I have a similar cover over the base of mine, and not sure how it comes off and don't wanna tear it up, Im assuming it has double back tape? If you don't mind, can you give me some info: brand of antenna, how the heck its held on, feels like two screws when reaching up under the fender from the engine bay

I appreciate it!

'03 Shamu/Build #04441

Quote Originally Posted by bigmo View Post
    Hey! I like that, can you give me details on that antenna? I have a similar cover over the base of mine, and not sure how it comes off and don't wanna tear it up, Im assuming it has double back tape? If you don't mind, can you give me some info: brand of antenna, how the heck its held on, feels like two screws when reaching up under the fender from the engine bay

I appreciate it!
    Hey bigmo, It just screws into the stock antenna socket. I bought it from Amazon. See link below.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o09_s01

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Here's what I did "Stubby" (in Black).
    No problem with a cover. It goes right on.

UPR Antenna Delete

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice info, I just ordered one for each door from that outfit.....thanks

Name: Kyle

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Got rid of these pesky things, only the rears.
    CST long travel front, deaver F49's rear with king triple bypasses, 4130 cab cage, 37x12.50 BFG's on RG beadlocks,

Name: Kyle

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Had these whipped up, needed some contrast

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

22s on rear what you think

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    Looks like less tire bulge or is that a camera trick? And i think it looks nice.

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Had a starter replaced. 1st went to Firestone the "complete automotive center" Not. Have a Cannon Exhaust system and because of the headers wouldn't touch it. so much for complete auto care. Other than the lifetime alignment I have with them that's all they'll ever see me for.
    called a few other places and ended reluctantly taking it to the "stealership"

Picked it up and service advisor told me tech brought in some of his personal tools and a 12 hour job took 2 hours.
    Talked to the tech and he said he even replaced the top bolt and tried to describe all the "flex" tools he had to use.
    Gave him my card and a C note and asked for his number.

Almost 14 years, 180K+ miles and still running strong.

Bottom-line; Capital Ford in Wilmington did me well

16. The Following User Liked Sport90 For This Useful Post:

cayman150 (03-21-2016)

Page 193 of 244 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 ... LastLast