Page 239 of 244 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 3649

Thread: What did you do to your Harley Truck today?

Name: Patrick

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    anyone have the Ford part numbers handy? the only one's I can find are coming up with discontinued and the Dealer quoted me 67.49/each....at that price I'd rather go aftermarket. The counterman at the dealer didn't want to give me part #'s over the phone

the part #'s I did find were
    XL1Z-2A442-AB (Left Side/Drivers)
    XL1Z-2A442-AA (Right side / Passenger)

edit - F' it....Just got off the phone with a cool guy at Stifflers and have a set headed my way
    Last edited by shanker; 01-22-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    got the stifflers lines installed yesterday, Right Rear brake caliper still dragging....ugh...

at least the stainless lines look cool

today I pulled the caliper off, used a piece of wood to keep the piston from coming all the way out, then worked the caliper piston in & out about 10 times....still no change. I used the pedal to push it out, and a c-clamp to push it back in....it moved easily.

I noticed that the piston is falling apart under the metal cap, so I ordered a new piston and new caliper guide pins/bolts and new boots that'll be here on Tuesday.

THE ONLY thing left that could possibly be bad is the guide pins are slightly bent, causing just enough misalignment that the caliper drags.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Advance Auto parts has brand new rear calipers available in our area for $55 18-4679n and and 18-4678n

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chucksbp View Post
    Advance Auto parts has brand new rear calipers available in our area for $55 18-4679n and and 18-4678n
    I've got a pair of new Power Stop caliper's that'll be delivered tomorrow...and on Tuesday if new guide pins & piston don't resolve it, I'll install them, otherwise I'll return the Power Stop's to Amazon.

I'm weird about getting rebuilt caliper's....I've had too many be bad right out of the box and I'd rather rebuild my own....it's WAY cheaper to rebuild a caliper than repalce it.

6 bux for a rebuild kit (O-Ring and Piston Seal)
    6 bux for a set of caliper bolts
    8 bux for a Piston

and you get to keep an OEM caliper vs. a typical asian import.

The ONLY thing I wish I could get would be steel piston's vs. the phenolic's....I suspect that if I were to get a replacement steel caliper piston's for a 2003 Crown Victoria Police package that'd they'd be an exact fit for our calipers...they both use a 2.0" diameter piston and I suspect that they're the same....the caliper's even look the same...it would make sense from a production standpoint for a manufacturer to use the same casting on something like a brake caliper on as many vehicles as possible to minimize production costs as well as reduce inventory requirements.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    I think most Ford rear calipers get screwed in, not clamped in. If they moved with a clamp there's probably something wrong.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    I think most Ford rear calipers get screwed in, not clamped in. If they moved with a clamp there's probably something wrong.
    They're smooth bore pistons...not the screw in type

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003K2W8KU

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Got my brakes fixed. New Caliper piston resolved the issue. I'm tempted to replace the rest of them just for peace of mind. I put new caliper pins/bolts/boots as well since they're only a few dollars. Pisses me off that the new caliper bolts are 12mm vs the OE ones being 10mm though, it made my OCD flare up. The one I pulled out had these two strange wear patterns on them. The new caliper piston slid into the caliper EASILY....I could have done it with my hands and not really needed a C-Clamp

This was the first time I've ever *serviced* brake caliper's vs replace them.....from now on, I don't really see the point of replacing a brake caliper unless there is physical damage from corrosion or impact....it's super easy and cheap for the few pieces that it takes to rebuild one.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    Yeah they are fairly simple to rebuild. I still like to get new ones cause they clean them inside and out. However my calipers are machined down for bogarts.

Well still waiting to get my truck back. They started working on it again and found some fuel delivery issues. So I'm going to upgrade the current system with new pumps, and Teflon lines. Was planning on doing that later this year anyways. So while I was waiting I got impatient and bought her a bigger brother. Been looking for awhile at diesels and like the 05-07 years the best. I lucked out and found an 05 Harley f250! I'm so psyched cause it reminds me so much of my f150. Not to mention how cool is it going to be towing a Harley truck with a Harley truck! Truck is in decent shape but not up to my standards yet. Plans are simple, just some appearance mods and a nice stereo system which I already have. It has 08 Harley wheels on it now but I really like the fuel mavericks was thinking a 20x12 eventually. Not doing any performance mods, just maintenance upgrades where possible.
    01 hd with a s/c swap, built motor, ported heads, stage 3 cams, whipple 3.4 s/c 4 upper and 4 lower for the street, 3.5 upper and 6 lower when i want to get nasty. wms big inlet and cai, whipple 160 sbtb, punisher built trans, circle d 2400 stall, trick stage 3 i/c, lfp dual pass h/e, triple 255 fps in a fore hat, -10 feed and -6 return, aeromotive reg., jlp rails, 80# inj., ba3000 maf, sct x-cal3, jlp comp r, detroit tru-trac, ta rear diff cover, 4.10 gears, jlp traction bars, metco idler pullies, mp tensioner bridge, hotchkis tvs, plenty of bling and soon to come new mods

Once again not much movement on the f150. Been playing with the f250 since the second day I had it lol. My kids named them since they are both black Harley trucks. I've always said my f150 was a girl (since its moody and can be a *****). My oldest said the f250 is bigger and should be a boy. They've always called the 150 Harley. So now we have JOKER f250 and HARLEY QUIN f150.

So Joker has received all the love lately. Got rid of the ugly amber cab lights with smoked lenses, put 08 mirriors on with smoked lenses. Installed a head unit I had laying around along with some new speakers. Added a smoked led 3rd brake light, a black ford emblem and tint on the windows. Also installed factory up fitter switches for later mods. Still waiting to get the 2" leveling kit on. The tonneau cover will be here soon. Now for the fun I scored a set of moto metal 970 20x12 wheels just need to get some rubber. Also been getting it up to my standards with detailing kinda hard since its a 13 year old truck. Going to need a bed and tailgate. So that's on my list.

11. The Following User Liked tpr103 For This Useful Post:

SonicHD (03-05-2018)

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    Got any pics of Harley and Joker?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilthyPhil View Post
    Got any pics of Harley and Joker?
    Not of them together yet. Harley is still at jdm

So it's been a month since my last update. Been busy with work so I haven't been to jdm in a while. But I know there hasn't been any progress on the truck since they are waiting for me lol. Last time I was there I also dropped of my jc customs 3.4 whipple midplate. They are going to have to pull the blower to fix the fuel lines so it made sense to have them swap the plates. Going to be interesting to see the results the plate will make.

Now joker is really starting to transform. I got the 2" leveling blocks in and got some new tires for the moto metal 970s. Truck looks really mean now! With the 12" wide wheels I had to trim on the bumper and fenders so it wouldn't rub while turning. Other then that I've just been doing some maintenence stuff. Wherever I could improve on some performance or appearance things I have been. Installed a coolant filter set up. I scored an afe cai and intake elbow. Couldn't stand the dingy looking intercooler pipes and since the couplers were oil soaked and kept blowing off they were replaced. I cleaned and painted the pipes black also, now the engine bay looks so much nicer. Friend of mine hooked me up with a 2011 tailgate. Just have to fix some damage and get it painted. Future mods: I want a way to monitor things going on in the motor, 08 and up rear bumper with flush mounted led lights, fix the rust on the bed, and a turbo back exhaust.

What I really need to do though is STOP spending money on Joker for now and spend it on Harley Quin. Getting close to a year since I dropped it off.

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    What is the paint scheme on joker?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilthyPhil View Post
    What is the paint scheme on joker?
    For now its all black. Once it gets warmer I was thinking of doing the rocker flames in either a dark purple or bright green. I'm leaning towards the purple maybe a metallic. Thought of adding some bright green to the calipers. Was looking at some decals of the joker also, just can't decide which. I think I want to go with the animated series joker and Harley quin. Suicide squad joker is weird looking to me but love hq, who wouldn't. Dark night joker is my favorite though as I think Heath did an amazing job. I still think the animated ones would be better though since they aren't real actors. Also saw a decal that I think would look good on the back window, all that was is "hahahahahaha" in a pattern of the jokers face.

Page 239 of 244 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 ... LastLast