Page 41 of 244 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Harley Truck today?

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    Don't be afraid to go built. Just keep it simple.

Today I installed a power passenger seat. Totally pimp, and the wife loves it.
    01 hd with a s/c swap, built motor, ported heads, stage 3 cams, whipple 3.4 s/c 4 upper and 4 lower for the street, 3.5 upper and 6 lower when i want to get nasty. wms big inlet and cai, whipple 160 sbtb, punisher built trans, circle d 2400 stall, trick stage 3 i/c, lfp dual pass h/e, triple 255 fps in a fore hat, -10 feed and -6 return, aeromotive reg., jlp rails, 80# inj., ba3000 maf, sct x-cal3, jlp comp r, detroit tru-trac, ta rear diff cover, 4.10 gears, jlp traction bars, metco idler pullies, mp tensioner bridge, hotchkis tvs, plenty of bling and soon to come new mods

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Finally cleaned my engine bay!

20130615_164000.jpg
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    Don't be afraid to go built. Just keep it simple.
    Can u give me a advice since u have a lot of experience about building a motor.
    What is for u simple?
    Thx in advance bro....

RWHP-500-RWTQ-590 STOCK BLOCK. street tune

All depends on your budget. I would do a jdm or jlp long block stage 2 cams. Or if your budget is tight I would just do the short block with a refreshed set of heads. You can also recoup some $$ selling your old motor. If you can do the removal and install yourself then you can save even more. Most shops charge $1500-2000. You will also need fluids, gaskets, and some other ods and ends. What I ment by simple is go with the tried and true combo. Right now I'm fighting some gremlins with the bigger blower and inj. If you keep your current blower set up it should be easier to tune. The hardest part is getting it tuned right, that why I say keep it simple. I need to get my truck tuned again. It ran stronger on e old tune, blower and inj. That being said my current tuner hasn't spent much time with my truck. Once I drop it off and he takes however long he needs it will be a different animal

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts

Picked up a new engine for my stupid tahoe and dropped it in. Crate engine with 2500 miles, came with an airaide intake, gibson headers, and full stainless magnaflow midpipe + catback.

Cool story, bought it out of the "Overhaulin'" 1996 2dr Tahoe, so I guess the new engine in my POS is kind of famous Guy pulled it out to drop in the engine from a `09 tahoe instead.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    All depends on your budget. I would do a jdm or jlp long block stage 2 cams. Or if your budget is tight I would just do the short block with a refreshed set of heads. You can also recoup some $$ selling your old motor. If you can do the removal and install yourself then you can save even more. Most shops charge $1500-2000. You will also need fluids, gaskets, and some other ods and ends. What I ment by simple is go with the tried and true combo. Right now I'm fighting some gremlins with the bigger blower and inj. If you keep your current blower set up it should be easier to tune. The hardest part is getting it tuned right, that why I say keep it simple. I need to get my truck tuned again. It ran stronger on e old tune, blower and inj. That being said my current tuner hasn't spent much time with my truck. Once I drop it off and he takes however long he needs it will be a different animal
    Well that sounds pretty good a long block with stage 2 cams actually that's what I would love to get.
    Now I have another builder which is mannys HC and he is about 10 minutes from my house .
    My plans are to make my block last a long time but if it doesn't blows lol then i have no chose and build her but yeah like you said nothing crazy .....

Thx for the inf..
    Last edited by Alcobi007; 06-16-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Drove up to NC to see the rents for a long fathers day week and noticed that when we had to come to stop my Cyl Head temps started to climb really fast, but were perfect while driving....needless to say, immediately thought "E-Fan".

Get to NC this past Wednesday at 1am...and tell Dad that I want to take a look at it. Well, it for sure wasn't working and dad goes "lets re-wire it to clean how it is setup & make it more accessible in case you need to work on it more."

Sure thing Dad...lets do it. Well 2 days later after installing a new foam padding, running all the wires where we wanted (hiding everything) and looming everthing else we plug the fan up to test it before install and..............nothing!!!

Thankfully Dad said we will just bypass the relay and run a hard switch...which got me thinking about how it all needs to be connected. Sure enough, pull the ground off the module and plug it into a different spot....Fan clicks on!!!!

No issues at all with the fan since...90+ degree weather...while driving saw 172-175 cyl head temps for normal....when I got on it, even up to 120+ temps only went up to 189 at highest.

Good father son project!!!!

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    steinjr what do you use to clean your enginge? I can't use any water on mine cause right away it goes in the coils, any suggestions??

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    went by the shop to see the progress on my hd..new windshield installed and bumper and fender primered. unfortunately I don't have an before pics, the fender was bent in and the lower valance was cracked

needs more cowbell!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I spray it down with Simple Green and let it sit for a little bit. Then I gently wash it off with water and apply a butt load of armoral on all the rubber and plastic parts.

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    cool thanks for the tip

needs more cowbell!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Today I got to take the truck for a few laps around the Texas Motor Speedway!

Absolutely nothing lol.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    Ha! Yeah, I had to "clean-it-up" a bit. Will post a couple pics when I get home to "soggy" SEA from "freezing-arse" BOS!!!
    Where's your tailgate assist install with pics Lee?

Looks like I got the wrong one. I got 43200 and I think I needed 43203 but I don't know what the differences are. Maybe shock length?
    My shock is too long when using their instructions as the tailgate can't close.
    Might have to mod it the way JetRacer did on his but he doesn't say which way he offset the extra hole he drilled, towards the inside of the bed or towards the tailgate itself.
    I was looking for a bit smoother install on mine.
    Youtube has a video install for a Dodge with his kit coming with an all in one ball socket and cable bolt instead of our silly plate that I think would work better as my shock needs the 1-1/2 extra length.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Drove up to NC to see the rents for a long fathers day week and noticed that when we had to come to stop my Cyl Head temps started to climb really fast, but were perfect while driving....needless to say, immediately thought "E-Fan".

Get to NC this past Wednesday at 1am...and tell Dad that I want to take a look at it. Well, it for sure wasn't working and dad goes "lets re-wire it to clean how it is setup & make it more accessible in case you need to work on it more."

Sure thing Dad...lets do it. Well 2 days later after installing a new foam padding, running all the wires where we wanted (hiding everything) and looming everthing else we plug the fan up to test it before install and..............nothing!!!

Thankfully Dad said we will just bypass the relay and run a hard switch...which got me thinking about how it all needs to be connected. Sure enough, pull the ground off the module and plug it into a different spot....Fan clicks on!!!!

No issues at all with the fan since...90+ degree weather...while driving saw 172-175 cyl head temps for normal....when I got on it, even up to 120+ temps only went up to 189 at highest.

Good father son project!!!!
    Great job! I hate wiring and I don't trust a lot of people working on my truck. Can you and your dad come do mine too?!

Page 41 of 244 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast