Page 7 of 244 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Harley Truck today?

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    Today my daughter and I pulled the old stock alt out and replaced it with my singer built high output one. Also replaced the a/c line that was f'ed up. Now I just have to hook up the vacuum, suck the system down and fill with freon.

Next couple of days I'm going to replace the rear calipers and pads. Along with new bolts and slides. Hopefully this fixes my squel from the drivers side rear brakes. If I got time before this Saturday I want to get my 3" vband clamps welded in so my comp r stops coming apart by the extension pieces.

I do have to clean her up before going to the gtg at Vinnies though.
    01 hd with a s/c swap, built motor, ported heads, stage 3 cams, whipple 3.4 s/c 4 upper and 4 lower for the street, 3.5 upper and 6 lower when i want to get nasty. wms big inlet and cai, whipple 160 sbtb, punisher built trans, circle d 2400 stall, trick stage 3 i/c, lfp dual pass h/e, triple 255 fps in a fore hat, -10 feed and -6 return, aeromotive reg., jlp rails, 80# inj., ba3000 maf, sct x-cal3, jlp comp r, detroit tru-trac, ta rear diff cover, 4.10 gears, jlp traction bars, metco idler pullies, mp tensioner bridge, hotchkis tvs, plenty of bling and soon to come new mods

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    gave her a bath and drove her to our 56th FAMILY REUNION had a great time

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    I put on a coat of Blackfire Midnight Sun & took her to the Seminole Hard Rock Car Show. It makes you feel good when she looks good. I represented HD & took home a trophy.

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Congrats on the trophy merlin, truck looks real good
    OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE LOOSING

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Ordered a 3'' Cannon (Stainless Works) exhaust system... finally.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Took the filters for our commercial vent hood to the car wash and cleaned them, hauled trash from remodeling the restaurant to the dump, but 2 things will happen soon, restaurant is almost done, opens next week, and I will have my moms old house sold by the end of the month, then the HD will get some much needed attention!

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Bought some f150 inside door handles to paint.

sent from my toilet phone

Today I stuck the exhaust back into the band clamp and tightened it down for the time being. I also cleaned the garage so I can nose it in to work on the a/c tomorrow and the rear brakes another day since its going to rain all week.

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Sr81 what paint are you using for the handles?

"I WANNA GO FAST"
    Name: Ajay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Changed the plugs, now I think the snout needs to be rebuilt :/

2002 DSG Nicknamed "Haley the Harley Truck"
    2013 TOTM Moderator

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Replaced rear brake pads and rear shocks
    ::

drove mine for the first time with the new alt. voltage was steady where its supposed to be. truck felt like it had a lot more go nads! coulda just been me being used to the slow dd.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well today i finally done what I've been putting off for awhile. Replaced two broken exhaust bolts that been driving me crazy with a ticking exhaust leak. It really was a job but not as bad as i had thought. It is how ever a pain in the butt to get a broken bolt extracted that has broken off in the head. But its done now.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

Finally got rid of my rear brake squeal. Long story short, back in 2009 I got in an accident and snapped an axle, bent the flange on the tube. I managed to bang it out and get it on the road obviously. For a while it's been squealing, I finally found out its coming from the drivers rear. The side that was damaged. Should also ad that it started shortly after grinding the hell out of them to fit my bogarts. Well in order to fix the problem I ordered brand new calipers and pads from ford, all new bolts, slides, and boots from napa.

Yesterday I decided it was time to fix it. I figured the bolts were bent causing the caliper to bind, since it would squeal even going straight. After pulling it apart I saw the bolts were fine?? I used the new parts anyway. As I was putting it together I noticed that when the bolts were going it the caliper was moving up and down? Almost like the bolt was bent or going in cross threaded. Pulled it all apart again got my tap and die out and checked. Everything was fine, so back together with the same results. I checked the four bolts on the axle tube , and where it was bent there was a slight gap. Went to tighten the bolt and of course the nut moved with it. I manged to get a wrench in there to hold the bolt. Thank god cause I didn't feel like pulling the axle. With that the flange gap closed, and the caliper bolts went in without the caliper moving. I haven't really taken it for a drive, but can already tell that the problem is solved.

Also changed the color of my calipers from orange to red. They almost look like the wilwood brakes in color. Also installed my killer glass radiator hose finally.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I'm just glad I got rid of that squeal. It made the truck sound like a junker

Page 7 of 244 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast