Page 238 of 244 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3649

Thread: What did you do to your Harley Truck today?

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Just ordered Power Stop brake kit with calipers along with Stiffler's brake lines for front and back.

2. The Following User Liked dermaestro For This Useful Post:

SLOWBRA (09-22-2017)

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dermaestro View Post
    Just ordered Power Stop brake kit with calipers along with Stiffler's brake lines for front and back.
    Went with KC1915-36 Z36 from Amazon, and per a friends recommendation, went through LMR for Stifflers (STF-9904REAR) in the rear, and Russel (RUS-683230) for the front. Also just picked up a Covercraft (WeatherSheild HD) custom truck cover (Thanks Mike!) through Auto Geek with a 15% welcome discount.
    Installed the rear rotors a week ago (Just installed front rotors on Sunday. Photos to follow)
    IMG_5054.jpg
    IMG_5059.jpg
    Truck cover
    IMG_5064.jpg
    IMG_5065.jpg
    Last edited by 5.4 F150; 01-17-2018 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Added photo

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I just did brakes all around with new powder coated Power Stop calipers (one of my rears was locked), new Stifflers lines front and rear and new Rotorpros up front (rear RPs were still good). Also bought a set of high flow cats/mid pipes from LR and new headlights but haven't had a chance to install them yet. My current aftermarket cats plugged then blew out about 5 years ago, not a fan of the exhaust smell or sound (kind of raspy instead of deep) so looking forward to getting it done.
    Mike

5. The Following User Liked mikelemoine For This Useful Post:

5.4 F150 (12-18-2017)

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 F150 View Post
    Holy cow! No one has done anything to their Harley since Sep?
    I think I've driven it once since September. Been raining a bit up here in the NW.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    I havent had my truck here since June.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    I think I've driven it once since September. Been raining a bit up here in the NW.
    Maybe come to the south Derek! It's not nearly as wet here bud!
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    I havent had my truck here since June.
    Yeah but what have you done to it? I've been away for a while but recall you doing some work on it.
    JBA Coffee & Cars 06/12/2016

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 F150 View Post
    Maybe come to the south Derek! It's not nearly as wet here bud!

Yeah but what have you done to it? I've been away for a while but recall you doing some work on it.
    It's been sitting up at jdm getting tuned
    01 hd with a s/c swap, built motor, ported heads, stage 3 cams, whipple 3.4 s/c 4 upper and 4 lower for the street, 3.5 upper and 6 lower when i want to get nasty. wms big inlet and cai, whipple 160 sbtb, punisher built trans, circle d 2400 stall, trick stage 3 i/c, lfp dual pass h/e, triple 255 fps in a fore hat, -10 feed and -6 return, aeromotive reg., jlp rails, 80# inj., ba3000 maf, sct x-cal3, jlp comp r, detroit tru-trac, ta rear diff cover, 4.10 gears, jlp traction bars, metco idler pullies, mp tensioner bridge, hotchkis tvs, plenty of bling and soon to come new mods

Name: Patrick

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    today....I'm thinking about servicing the rear caliper's on my truck.

the rear/passenger side caliper has gotten sticky a few times.....I got the last of the parts delivered last night....now I just gotta wait on my coffee to motivate me...

I kinda hoped I'd have the time to have the calipers powder coated, but the local shop said the quickest they could do it is 4 days and that's too long to wait....so I'll just clean them up and spray bomb them as-cast grey....

anyone rebuilt their own calipers vs/ replace them? the square o-ring and piston seal kit is literally only 6 dollars.

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z060-0 View Post
    The center caps. Did you paint this or is it a decal
    Sorry didn't catch this until just now, the center caps are sheet vinyl, and I used a razor blade to cut the bar and shield out. Make sure you clean first. I used alcohol to clean. And make sure you have enough to do it twice cause I messed up on two of them and had to start over.

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Replaced water pump,one handed after shoulder surgery,lotsa fun.lol

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    fuuuuuu.....I got the caliper rebuilt and went to put the new hose on and realized that the hose is not replaceable? (I ordered replacements on Amazon)...I have to replace the entire rear hardline? WTF?

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    You either have to make your own hard line or buy an OE ford line, they are still available. I personally would get the OE ford lines, you may as well replace both while you are at it.

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chucksbp View Post
    You either have to make your own hard line or buy an OE ford line, they are still available. I personally would get the OE ford lines, you may as well replace both while you are at it.
    I don't know why Ford didn't make just the rubber part serviceable.....I'm prolly just going to order a set form Stifflers and go with stainless lines + stainless braided lines
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
    Go with the stifflers. I’ve got those on the rear and Russell upfront. It’s a good update to the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWBRA View Post
    Go with the stifflers. I’ve got those on the rear and Russell upfront. It’s a good update to the brakes.
    Yup that's what I got on mine.

Funny we are on the subject of brake lines. I have an 04 f250 that I use as a beater for home depot trips and what not. So it never gets used lol. Well my dd jeep needs some work done, went to start the 250 up and dead battery. Jumped it and went to move it over to my house from where it's stored. Damn brakes went to the floor! Look underneath and fluid in the middle. So said f it, it's too damn cold to mess with it. Meanwhile I scoured the interwebs looking for the line to no avail. This weekend was nice so I drove the truck over to my house. Luckily it wasn't far, cause that was fun with no brakes. Oh actually I had a flat rear tire also so that helped slow it down lol. Had to make my own line which wasn't too bad. But damn that truck is long.

So still don't have my Harley truck. Now I'm going to start messing with the f250 lol. I installed 08 mirrors since I like them better. Just ordered some tinted cab lights. Going to do some other maintenance things to it while I'm at it. I'm actually excited to be wrenching on something and buying stuff. Been too long since I've had my truck here and have actually thought about selling it. So I'm hoping this will fill the void till the day I do get it back.

Page 238 of 244 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast