Page 242 of 244 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 3649

Thread: What did you do to your Harley Truck today?

Name: Rafael

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    In the rear only I have the JLP drop shackles, but I also have helper air bags for towing which raise it back up a bit. It also has lightning spec bilstein shocks all around, hotchkis front and rear swaybars, and beltech rear shock extenders.

Tires/wheels do make it look lower though. 285/40r22 up front and 305/40r22 in the rear.
    Nice setup!

Name: marcus

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
    Just been on holiday . while i was away i let the paint shop have shamu came back all sorted

rusty rockers cut out.. insides cleaned up and sprayed with cavity wax. ,new rockers fitted and all painted. he even spaced the bars off so nothing gets trapped in there again.
    Goes in end of month for undersealing the whole truck .

rusty sill 1.jpg

rusty sill 2.jpg

rusty sill 3.jpg

rusty sill 4.jpg

rusty sill 7.jpg

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    That's a lot of work for sure. I had an 01 Supercrew that had the same issue many years ago. We have a lot of salt usage here in Western Pennsylvania. Do the best you can and you can get four or five good years out of it. It is impossible to stop the rust but you van slow it down. Make sure you look close at the new pieces quite often, They will chip and rust much faster than the original pieces. I gave up on my truck although I did enjoy it another five years i guess and it still was not blown away but I figured I would let it go while it still looked good and had some value. Still miss that truck!!!!!

You spent some serious money on that repair and are lucky to find someone willing and capable of the repair.

Looks good for sure!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chucksbp View Post

You spent some serious money on that repair and are lucky to find someone willing and capable of the repair.

Looks good for sure!!!!!
    luckily i have lots of contacts chuck. .. he does love a challenge and is great price wise.. next job is clean intercooler. new oil in the blower and new plugs and JLP aux pulley upgrade.

then that's it till next year.. just go out scaring people

The shop that did mine did a great job, I could not have been any more happy, you would never know the truck was touched. They did complete rockers and cab corners. About a year later I told a friend to see them about his truck and there statement to him was "i would never do another one for any amount of money" LOL That is a lot of work, remove four doors remove back bumper and bed, all that cutting and internal clean up!!!! Never ending project!! I was called to look at it when it was apart to see what I wanted to do about some rust within the pillars and i was amazed at what I saw when it was apart.
    I was lucky the 03 Harley truck I bought was low mileage and cam from one of our southern states and had been in heated storage most of it's life. The guy I bought it from was bracken hearted when I told him It was going to use it for a daily driver. I started rustproofing the inner panels and after I saw how perfect the truck was I decided to make it another garage king!!!! I don't even take it out in the rain, let alone snow!!! As you know the black is a tough one to keep nice looking. My old truck was all silver and very easy to keep clean.

Take good care of the truck, I'm sure there are very few of those trucks in your neck of the woods so to say!!!

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    Blind try getting in touch with the company. I heard they are pretty good to deal with.

Unfortunately living in jersey Harley quinn is in need of a new rocker on the passenger side. So that will be in her future for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by chucksbp View Post
    Take good care of the truck, I'm sure there are very few of those trucks in your neck of the woods so to say!!!

Luckily the cab corners are ok so no need to remove bed and he managed to do it with just rear door removal.
    needs a bit of welding on the front panel which ill do myself soon.
    but last sat its going on the 2 post for full underseal
    your right about being rare been to loads of American shows and no one has ever seen one.
    could be as low as a dozen in the uk

If you think about it, originally they only produced 10,047 03's and if it happens to be a 50/50 split in black and black and silvers that puts it at 5,023 of each. Even here in the US and some of that number went to Canada, That gets you down to probably lees than 35 of each color per state. And being that they were Two wheel drive They would have been less popular in our northern states. Plus the fact that they were right at $40,000 Us in 03 that was a lot of money back then. Still is now to me being old!!!

In our local area there is one black and silver which I have never seen, and another guy thought he saw an all black with the stripes. My first view of one was back in 02, a friend of mine bought an 02 dark shadow gray with the red/maroon ghost flames on it. I thought that was the most beautiful truck back then. After one ride in it I knew I had to supercharge my 01 Supercrew!!!. Once you have boost you can't go back!!!

Fitted all new shocks today.. the ones that were on were sloppy and very rusty .
    took much angry grinding to get them off and the truck feels so much better already only drove about 3 miles.

next stop underseal

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    After seeing the pics above, I’m glad I’m only the second owner, it was garage kept, and we both live in SoCal!

That's what they look like in PA if used as a daily driver for sure!!!
    Last edited by chucksbp; 10-01-2018 at 07:03 PM.

latest update ...

spend hours over the last week or two cleaning the underneath up when i had spare time with a wire brush on the grinder.
    today borrow my mates lift and got stuck in with WAR underseal. seems to be top stuff according to reviews.
    nothing will get to it now. its well protected from the crappy weather we have in the UK

Installed my radiator cover and decals!!!

Special thanks to Kenny P for the great paint work and thanks to Jason Smith Stick It Designs for the great decals!!!

DSCN0680.jpg

that looks great chuck... wish i could find my build number..id love a plaque

Finally got a dry day in Western PA to take the truck out, First sunlight look a the third brake light that Kenny (Leeeproctor83) did for my truck. As always he did an outstanding job!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. The Following User Liked chucksbp For This Useful Post:

Blind (10-01-2018)

Page 242 of 244 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 LastLast