Page 202 of 244 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3649

Thread: What did you do to your Harley Truck today?

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BENNY832 View Post
    I do not. One of the places I took it to said the same thing but then after seeing the amp he claimed it was a very good amp and could not be the issue.
    Can you repeat the "thunder"?
    Is there a specific piece of music that creates the sound and a particular spot?

Name: Mike

Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Throttle jockey thats a good choice I think one of my buddies bought the stealth box from you like in dec or so, I was thinking of doing the 3rd seat mod to my 03 but I ended buying an 02 DSG sold the rear center console and I actually just did the 3rd mod on that one instead like a month ago looks amazing! I do have a few pics

Thanks Sean hope it all goes well for me.

Benny aint nothing wrong with the W3 that comes in the stealth box i just did some research and seems like there's better option as far as subs everyone seems to upgrade cause they want more out of it, in this case i went with W6 after reading a few reviews. I hope your issue is nothing major it could be your amp thats causing the thunder noise hope you get it fixed...

Merlin thanks im still kind of new to this truck game just bought my truck last year in Jan 2015 and done a few mods since I plan to go fully built and hit low 11’s to high 10’s in the near future.
    In March this year I bought a built 02 DSG as a daily I have a pending sale on that one right now.
    I Will let you know how it sounds maybe upload a video on my youtube Channel when its installed plan on doing the same set up as far as amps.

Name: Benny

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Can you repeat the "thunder"?
    Is there a specific piece of music that creates the sound and a particular spot?
    Nope not at all just randomly happens whether the iphone is playing or I am listening to local talk radio.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes03hd View Post
    Throttle jockey thats a good choice I think one of my buddies bought the stealth box from you like in dec or so, I was thinking of doing the 3rd seat mod to my 03 but I ended buying an 02 DSG sold the rear center console and I actually just did the 3rd mod on that one instead like a month ago looks amazing! I do have a few pics

Thanks Sean hope it all goes well for me.

Benny aint nothing wrong with the W3 that comes in the stealth box i just did some research and seems like there's better option as far as subs everyone seems to upgrade cause they want more out of it, in this case i went with W6 after reading a few reviews. I hope your issue is nothing major it could be your amp thats causing the thunder noise hope you get it fixed...

Merlin thanks im still kind of new to this truck game just bought my truck last year in Jan 2015 and done a few mods since I plan to go fully built and hit low 11’s to high 10’s in the near future.
    In March this year I bought a built 02 DSG as a daily I have a pending sale on that one right now.
    I Will let you know how it sounds maybe upload a video on my youtube Channel when its installed plan on doing the same set up as far as amps.
    http://www.jlaudio.com/600-1v3-car-a...plifiers-98350
    This is the AMp that I have. I heardddd it was a good one. Not so sure anymore.

http://www.jlaudio.com/600-1v3-car-a...plifiers-98350
    This is the AMp that I have. I heardddd it was a good one. Not so sure anymore.
    JL Audio makes good stuff. You may have an issue with your amp (stuff happens) even to good equipment.
    As a thought, I'd give JL Audio a call and discuss your issue with Technical support. Find out their thoughts.

JL Audio, Inc.
    10369 North Commerce Pkwy
    Miramar, FL 33025-3962, USA

Phone: (954) 443-1100

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    JL Audio makes good stuff. You may have an issue with your amp (stuff happens) even to good equipment.
    As a thought, I'd give JL Audio a call and discuss your issue with Technical support. Find out their thoughts.

JL Audio, Inc.
    10369 North Commerce Pkwy
    Miramar, FL 33025-3962, USA

Phone: (954) 443-1100
    Great idea thanks for the info!

Great idea thanks for the info!
    Please share what you learn from them.

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Benny, I would really go check all of your connections, power ground, patch cables- even the remote turn on....it really sounds like a poor connection somewhere. Perhaps even buy a brand new patch cable and connect it with out completely installing it (just for testing purposes) and see if the thunder goes away.

I have the same amp and its brother the 300/4, and 0 issues with the amps. I do have a 12w3v3 and its pretty nice, but someday I plan to step up to a 12w6v3 with the same amp it should be even better. But first I need to upgrade my receiver with something much newer/better, as this old alpine (Definitely not my choice) is a real POS that limits me on a lot of settings that I like to have, not to mention it is not Bluetooth capable and has no iPod interface. The thing really makes me angry...but I digress.

To the others with nice systems, do any of you have an issue with a noisy rearview mirror? Mine rattles and buzzes with the bass. At some point I am going to dissect it and see if I can pack it with something that quiets it down, I am just looking for suggestions or experience on the subject.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Waite View Post
    Benny, I would really go check all of your connections, power ground, patch cables- even the remote turn on....it really sounds like a poor connection somewhere. Perhaps even buy a brand new patch cable and connect it with out completely installing it (just for testing purposes) and see if the thunder goes away.

I have the same amp and its brother the 300/4, and 0 issues with the amps. I do have a 12w3v3 and its pretty nice, but someday I plan to step up to a 12w6v3 with the same amp it should be even better. But first I need to upgrade my receiver with something much newer/better, as this old alpine (Definitely not my choice) is a real POS that limits me on a lot of settings that I like to have, not to mention it is not Bluetooth capable and has no iPod interface. The thing really makes me angry...but I digress.

To the others with nice systems, do any of you have an issue with a noisy rearview mirror? Mine rattles and buzzes with the bass. At some point I am going to dissect it and see if I can pack it with something that quiets it down, I am just looking for suggestions or experience on the subject.
    Ryan I guess ill have to do this myself after a little more research on what the patch cable etc are exactly ....Once I do it all I will let you know what the outcome is. Thanks for the advice

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Patch cable is the RCA cables that connect the receiver to the amp.

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Changed the oil and the differential fluid today. Went with Royal Purple for both.

Thanks Ryan, the chatter at slow speeds while making a turn is almost completely gone;)

Also gave her bath for C&C tomorrow.

12. The Following User Liked 5.4 F150 For This Useful Post:

SoCal Waite (05-28-2016)

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 F150 View Post
    Changed the oil and the differential fluid today. Went with Royal Purple for both.

Thanks Ryan, the chatter at slow speeds while making a turn is almost completely gone;)

Also gave her bath for C&C tomorrow.
    Almost gone? Did you also add the friction modifier?

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWBRA View Post
    Almost gone? Did you also add the friction modifier?
    Yep
    JBA Coffee & Cars 06/12/2016

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Waite View Post
    To the others with nice systems, do any of you have an issue with a noisy rearview mirror? Mine rattles and buzzes with the bass.
    A while back I did sound deadening . It made a BIG difference in the sound inside the truck.

The only parts of the truck that rattles at high bass volumes is...
    The rear view mirror on the windshield! (GRIN)
    I'm not sure if I'd call it a rattle but at high volume low bass it vibrates and is impossible to use.

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 F150 View Post
    Yep
    I'll be curious to know how it behaves over the next week or so.

Page 202 of 244 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 ... LastLast