Thread: 04 ford f250 6.0 PCM

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

04 ford f250 6.0 PCM

Hey guy I was just driving and the truck just died and will not start up I have a SCT livewire and the only codes it reads is P0605 Internal control module ROM error Internal PCM failure and p1000 which I don't know what that is but any ideas on what I should check first trying to do all I can before taking it to the shop any help would be appreciated thanks

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A P1000 is defined as "OBD inspection maintenance (IM) readiness." What this means is that all of the that On Board Diagnostic monitors have NOT been completed since the PCMs keep alive random access memory was last cleared. These "monitors" in simple terms mean that the PCM performs tests on certain components and engine subsystems to validate the integrity of the components and control system. Once these self tests have been completed the P1000 code is cleared. Some of these self tests are simple circuit checks and others are dynamic either testing output components directly or by sensor feedback. Certain tests require specific conditions to be performed therefore the time it takes for all of the monitors to be completed and the P1000 to be cleared will vary. I have seen PCMs with a P1000 and hundreds and even over a thousand warm ups logged in the PCM.
    2006 Harley Davidson (#02250) F250 6.0L-PSD
    Dark Shadow Grey w/ Black Flames,Crew Cab, SB, 3.73, sun roof
    Bully Dog--Triple Dog w/Outlook
    MBRP Turbo-Back 4in SS Off-road Exaust, Airaid cold air intake, Pure Diesel Power Intake Elbow
    FabTech suspension w/Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks
    Line-X, Roll-N-Lock bed cover, Viper Remote Start Alarm
    Eclipse TV/DVD/NAV,Custom TV in center console, JL 500/1 on 2 10W3's, JL 4ch on 5x7 Boston's

Next Mods: 50hp shot Nitrous, studs(waiting for install)
    http://www.thedieselgarage.com/galle...=9&userid=8088

Name: asdfasfasdf

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The PCM will self diagnose. Ive replaced several PCMs in 6.0s for internal faults. P0605 sounds familiar. You could try reprogramming it with a stock tune from ford in case your file is corrupted otherwise dole out for a PCM. New is expensive.